Your Favourite Belated Sequels?

Tools    

I'll put in for a belated sequel that's still in "pre-production" but is expected in 2019.

Top Gun - Maverick. I'm just curious to see how the character has evolved, and what Cruise will do with him, this time around.
Yeah, I think it will be very interesting.

But how do people define "sequel". Are we talking the next movie in a series of movies that depict a linear time line?
I don't mind if it's a prequel or sequel as long as it relates to the original in some way. Prometheus for example isn't a direct prequel to Alien but in a way it counts even though Aliens was the next film to be made, itself a relatively long time after.

I'll put in for a belated sequel that's still in "pre-production" but is expected in 2019.

Top Gun - Maverick. I'm just curious to see how the character has evolved, and what Cruise will do with him, this time around.
Val Kilmer seems excited about it, too. It will be interesting

Val Kilmer seems excited about it, too. It will be interesting
I wonder how he's doing, Val Kilmer? He was speaking past a swollen tongue on the Blu-ray extras for Heat.

I wonder how he's doing, Val Kilmer? He was speaking past a swollen tongue on the Blu-ray extras for Heat.
I was following him on FB before I shut my acct down. From what I gather he stays positive despite some health issues. He's still doing his Mark Twain play and painting. He's lost all his weight, but does look a bit old now. I think he's OK but no way to know for sure.

You've got red on you!
Is this new Blade Runner with Ryan Gosling considered a sequel? I loved Fury Road but I never saw Beyond Thunderdome. Does basically the same thing happen?

I was following him on FB before I shut my acct down. From what I gather he stays positive despite some health issues. He's still doing his Mark Twain play and painting. He's lost all his weight, but does look a bit old now. I think he's OK but no way to know for sure.
Oh that's good to know .

This might just do nobody any good.
Is this new Blade Runner with Ryan Gosling considered a sequel?
Yes.

Is this new Blade Runner with Ryan Gosling considered a sequel?
Yeah, I'm sure it is.

I loved Fury Road but I never saw Beyond Thunderdome. Does basically the same thing happen?
There are similar elements but it's pretty different overall. The feel of it is quite different to the others.