6th HOF-Late Spring

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Unfortunately, I agree with almost everything Sean said...

I think Late Spring looks beautiful from the aesthetic point of view. It's beautifully shot and the way Ozu fills the frame is brilliant.

As for the acting, I really liked Ryu's performance as the father, he has some really heart-wrenching moments but Hara did nothing for me! I always felt her insincere and this ruins some scenes for me.
There are a couple of moments I really really liked, for instance the one where father and daughter are packing and the last one with the father all alone. Those have an amazing emotional weight that made me think that this perhaps will grow on me with a couple more watches. However, the rest didn't quite resonate the way I would expect it would.

As I said, it's one of those movies I expect to grow on me with time. It was my first Ozu and I will definitely watch more! Thanks for introducing me to him, Sane.

+

Thanks for introducing me to him, Sane.
No worries. Now watch Late Autumn, The End of Summer & An Autumn Afternoon before submitting your 60s list. Not only are they deserving films but you get the added bonus of seeing Sexy losing it everytime one makes the countdown

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
No worries. Now watch Late Autumn, The End of Summer & An Autumn Afternoon before submitting your 60s list. Not only are they deserving films but you get the added bonus of seeing Sexy losing it everytime one makes the countdown
Sold!