Avengers: Infinity War

Tools    





"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Some of the cast drew their characters on Jimmy Kimmel (LOL)

__________________
It's All About the Movies
http://www.worldfilmgeek.com



This might just do nobody any good.
early reviews = better than Justice League
If Cap really does die, will Iron Man send Spider-Man and War Machine to dig up his body and revive him like Frankenstein?



Never admit defeat, change your goals instead
We can only hope.

All the reviews make it sound like someone gets wiped outta the MCU as soon as Mr. T shows up.

Not like I know anything, but there is a guy who doesn't really do anything and has yet to appear in any promo materials...



"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
if anyone knows who dies in this could they pm me please.
__________________
Optimus Reviews
LATEST REVIEW Zack Snyder’s Justice League // Godzilla vs Kong
My Top 50 Favourites

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "



Also answers to Jabba
Just came back from watching this. There is a 95% chance that this is the ****tiest (edit: damn you filter! worst*) thing Marvel has ever done and a 5% that this was one of the best twists of all time. Actually the more I think about it, it's more like 99% and 1%



You can't win an argument just by being right!
A film critic here in Aus said it's the best thing to come out of Marvel but stay off the net because spoilers abound. It must be the orgy Saunch is talking about



i love this movie so far the best

Some of the cast drew their characters on Jimmy Kimmel (LOL)



"Marvel has pulled off all sorts of cinematic miracles in its 10-year awesome legacy, from heist films and political thrillers to space operas and fantasy epics. Now it boasts a full-fledged Shakespearean tragedy and probably the best 'number three' film ever made."

Hard to argue at this point!



I preferred Civil War, I have gripes but will wait til I can add spoiler tags as it's easier when I'm not on my phone

WARNING: "spoilers spoilers spoilers!" spoilers below
the wrong people "died", if they'd kept Spidey, Black Panther and Strange alive then maybe I would actually be worried that people won't be coming back in the next one, but everything will work out, it'll be the comicbook equivalent of "it was all a dream"
and why oh why do you have Thanos (who, on the whole, was great) deliver a line of "I hope they remember you" to Tony AND THEN NOT F#@KING KILL HIM????!!!! it was literally the perfect moment to do it, there was a group GASP in my cinema when it looked like the end for him, wasted


but still a great experience



Also answers to Jabba
@Doolallyfrank

WARNING: "Infinity War" spoilers below
The first part of your comment about this being treated as if it was a dream, was exactly what I thought and it bummed me out.

Of course, the answer is clear: Dr Strange run all the scenarios (funny thing is the probability of beating Thanos was ~ 1/14 mil. just slightly higher of winning the lottery) and he only found one scenario where they win. That is why he gave the time stone to Thanos to save Stark even though he earlier said he would let him die. That means that in that 1 scenario where they win, Strange did just that and Stark's role was integral in reversing the effects of the snap. Apparently in no other alternative did they beat Thanos and NOT get the snap as well.

As for, why Thanos did not kill Tony after that little speech: Thanos was presented as a very humane villain. He doesn't kill out of revenge but because he believes in his plan. He kills to get the stones, and even then, when half the universe disappears the decision about who goes is random. That's why when he got the Tessaract he didn't kill Thor and that's why when he got the Time Stone he didn't go after the Avengers on Planet Titan. He gets the stones and moves on.



@Doolallyfrank

WARNING: "Infinity War" spoilers below
The first part of your comment about this being treated as if it was a dream, was exactly what I thought and it bummed me out.

Of course, the answer is clear: Dr Strange run all the scenarios (funny thing is the probability of beating Thanos was ~ 1/14 mil. just slightly higher of winning the lottery) and he only found one scenario where they win. That is why he gave the time stone to Thanos to save Stark even though he earlier said he would let him die. That means that in that 1 scenario where they win, Strange did just that and Stark's role was integral in reversing the effects of the snap. Apparently in no other alternative did they beat Thanos and NOT get the snap as well.

As for, why Thanos did not kill Tony after that little speech: Thanos was presented as a very humane villain. He doesn't kill out of revenge but because he believes in his plan. He kills to get the stones, and even then, when half the universe disappears the decision about who goes is random. That's why when he got the Tessaract he didn't kill Thor and that's why when he got the Time Stone he didn't go after the Avengers on Planet Titan. He gets the stones and moves on.
WARNING: "Infinity War" spoilers below
I totally get it, I like that Thanos isn't killing for the sake of killing, I just think that was a perfect moment for Tony to go out. I'm actually more annoyed that Pepper is still alive!!!! Lol



I saw it, and, without delving into spoilers, that movie was a cinematic gut punch unlike anything Marvel, or maybe any tentpole blockbuster, has ever achieved in any of their previous films. It's not the best marvel film, but it for sure is the hardest-hitting. Can't wait to get punched again tomorrow when I go see it again.

WARNING: spoilers below
I loved the movie but f*ck the Russo Brothers for making me watch Peter Parker die in Tony Stark's arms. You sadistic f*cks. God this movie was great. DC wishes they could make a dark movie like this. I know Peter will be back, but damn if it wasn't hard to watch him die, along with so many others. I feel like the thing that hurt me the most was when one of the Wakandan's remarked that this would be the end of Wakanda. Like, we just got to see how awesome you are, just for you to be destroyed. Wakanda, and especially T'Challa, is the hardest loss to take in the movie overall, even if Peter's individual scene hit me closer to home, just because of how important Peter Parker is and has been as a character for me for pretty much my whole life. After a decade of build-up and arguably pulling some punches, Marvel delivers on all fronts with something equal parts thrilling and devastating. Absolutely floored by it.



I just got back from a morning screening, but I already spoiled the film prior to release. Sorry, couldn't help myself. I always feel the MCU isn't something I need to beat myself up for but hey ho.

Early thoughts. I enjoyed the film. Very entertaining and very interesting also to watch. Many people critique the pacing, but I thought it was fine. Each character got the time it needed to have.

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below

- Gamora's death was a bit underwhelming. I saw it coming (obviously), but I liked how Sad Thanos was about doing it.
- Was surprised about the Red Skull's cameo. Hope he comes back to fight Cap & Bucky.
- Humour a bit excessive, but none the less fine.
- Peter Dinklage's appearance is basically Tyrion if he didn't stop drinking after S4 of Game Of Thrones.
- The last ten minutes are great. Loved watching half the cast fade away.
- Wakanda battle was fun, but the airport battle in Civil War remains king.
- Still not understanding why Thanos wants to wipe out half the universe instead of all of it, or anyone that resists him.
- Loki's death was disappointing. Would rather he died later on, trying to ruse Thanos.
- Did Korg live? I must know!
- Iron Man is defo dying in Avengers 4. Anything not that will suck. Cap will likely too. Perhaps Hulk.
- Cliffhanger is good. All hope lies in Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Wasp & Captain Marvel as the reinforcements.



That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again


lol. THIS THREAD!!! Ugh. I want to read along but I can't!!!!! Thanks everyone for spoiler tagging your posts though. EVEN THOUGH IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I want to look... but I MUST NOT!!!

__________________
"My Dionne Warwick understanding of your dream indicates that you are ambivalent on how you want life to eventually screw you."
- Joel

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy."
- Captain Steel



This might just do nobody any good.
Stay strong. I got spoiled on a cameo appearance that would’a blown me away in theaters.