I'll judge your taste in movies

Tools    

Cobpyth --

No argument here. While Citizen Rules put Citizen Kane at #1, you go above and beyond and put it at #3, asserting your masculinity even stronger. Casablanca, the ultimate romance, and Chinatown, the tour-de-force with the strong leading man Jack Nicholson, give you four balls instead of two. THEN you get into the gangster/mafia pictures with Once Upon a Time in America and Goodfellas. This is not a man to be f**ked with. But watch out -- Vertigo is on the horizon, and it'll send you and your balls plummeting into Alfred Hitchcock's black hole of confusion and delirium if you try to go too far over the edge. You will be swept up into the mystery and loneliness and male fantasy of Brazil, leading you stuck into the hynpotic black and white world of 8 1/2. Women and love are your downfall, a realm you're not entirely comfortable with. A realm you'd like to explore deeper, but you're afraid to. Ultimately your biggest problem is The Master. Someone -- a father figure, most likely -- keeps a watchful eye at all times over your psychic life, intruding and dictating and directing your every move. You still suffer from castration anxiety, the Oedipal fear that someone will strip you of your masculinity, your penis, and reduce you to nothing. To alleviate these unconscious fears, you decide to join the team, because you know that deep down, you can never beat it.

I'm dying to laugh at Sexy's diagnosis of my cinema taste. I will read tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

I'm on my phone.

Originally Posted by MovieGal
The 2014 version gives insight to why he was a beast. You are missing out.
Hmm. Maybe the trailer gives an imbalanced impression of the movie, then. I'll start with the '46 version and go from there.

I think one of the most enjoyable films on my list for the common man is The Physician..you can ask CR about it as well.

Cobpyth --

No argument here. While Citizen Rules put Citizen Kane at #1, you go above and beyond and put it at #3, asserting your masculinity even stronger. Casablanca, the ultimate romance, and Chinatown, the tour-de-force with the strong leading man Jack Nicholson, give you four balls instead of two. THEN you get into the gangster/mafia pictures with Once Upon a Time in America and Goodfellas. This is not a man to be f**ked with. But watch out -- Vertigo is on the horizon, and it'll send you and your balls plummeting into Alfred Hitchcock's black hole of confusion and delirium if you try to go too far over the edge. You will be swept up into the mystery and loneliness and male fantasy of Brazil, leading you stuck into the hynpotic black and white world of 8 1/2. Women and love are your downfall, a realm you're not entirely comfortable with. A realm you'd like to explore deeper, but you're afraid to. Ultimately your biggest problem is The Master. Someone -- a father figure, most likely -- keeps a watchful eye at all times over your psychic life, intruding and dictating and directing your every move. You still suffer from castration anxiety, the Oedipal fear that someone will strip you of your masculinity, your penis, and reduce you to nothing. To alleviate these unconscious fears, you decide to join the team, because you know that deep down, you can never beat it.
Fantastic!

I think one of the most enjoyable films on my list for the common man is The Physician..you can ask CR about it as well.
Absolutely, an amazing, smart film that MovieGal recommended to me.

Omnizoa taste is if you're just looking to kill time.

Where is the beef? There is nothing powerful or moving here.
Of course there's no beef, I'm vegan.

Also, you haven't seen Ink.

I'm dying to laugh at Sexy's diagnosis of my cinema taste. I will read tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

I'm on my phone.
MovieGal --

In her world, man is a beast, and a woman is to be captured and taken away by the beast. She has two versions of Beauty and the Beast, one which is her #1 film. And she has A Clockwork Orange, another story about the beastly, psychotic, animalistic Malcolm McDowell. Valhalla Rising shows another beastly man on its cover. Sauna shows the woods, the home of the beast. Then there's the priest -- but he's a Priest of Evil. The Wicker Man -- another woodsy male beast. Salo shows what appears to maybe be a nude, victimized woman. MovieGal is tormented by the unconscious belief that all men are savage beasts. Thus, if you joke with MovieGal, she takes it extra seriously, as if a savage beast is coming after her. She runs and flees. Why does she run and flee? Because she doesn't want the beast. Deep down, she wants the goodness of Adam's Apples and The Physician. She wants a caretaker and a healer. But she's afraid. She keeps the good doctor away with her apples -- "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." She has a wall up in the form of that apple tree. This is a woman who watches movies to study the beast called man.

True about Ink.
That movie makes me cry.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
She has two versions of Beauty and the Beast, one which is her #1 film. And she has A Clockwork Orange, another story about the beastly, psychotic, animalistic Malcolm McDowell. Valhalla Rising shows another beastly man on its cover. Sauna shows the woods, the home of the beast. Then there's the priest -- but he's a Priest of Evil. The Wicker Man -- another woodsy male beast. Salo shows what appears to maybe be a nude, victimized woman. MovieGal is tormented by the unconscious belief that all men are savage beasts. Thus, if you joke with MovieGal, she takes it extra seriously, as if a savage beast is coming after her. She runs and flees. Why does she run and flee? Because she doesn't want the beast.

Gbgoodies --

GB is actually a complex character. Her favorite movie is E.T., but her second favorite movie is Dial M for Murder? E.T. always wanted to phone home -- but is he calling to kill someone?! You can bet that's why there's all those stories about how GB loves to get on the phone and complain about every little thing -- on the surface, she's a transcendent, Godly being from another world. Down below, she's a creature from underneath the planet, not above and away from it. A killer, like one of those monsters from Tremors. But don't worry because It's a Wonderful Life! Though she'd love to pick up the phone and dial M, she is restrained by her love of life. And she'll love you forever, even if you're dead, like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. GB might kill you and make you a ghost, but she still loves you. And it'll be eternal, as GB has a fixation on The Clock -- time. This is why she insists that I learn patience -- there is ALWAYS time. She loves clocks. In fact, she'd prefer that there would be a day when The Day The Earth Stood Still. GB doesn't want time to go anywhere. She wants it to stay the same day forever. Time is meaningless and irrelevant to GB. And life should always be fair for My Fair Lady, GB. 'Cause if it isn't -- DAMN YANKEES! She'll be pissed. A romantic, time stands still soul. Never alone -- for everything is For Me and My Gal. But don't you dare mess with her because she will get her gun with Annie Get Your Gun. For GB, life is an out of this world experience, but if you disagree with her about that, she'll send you out of this world to prove it.

Gbgoodies --

GB is actually a complex character. Her favorite movie is E.T., but her second favorite movie is Dial M for Murder? E.T. always wanted to phone home -- but is he calling to kill someone?!But don't worry because It's a Wonderful Life! Though she'd love to pick up the phone and dial M, she is restrained by her love of life. And she'll love you forever, even if you're dead,
Oh god, Gbgoodies is a yandere.