The Cooking Thread

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The only one-eyed Egyptian I know of, I learned from a deck of naughty playing cards.

No.
I'm kidding.
I'm just bored.

I wish I didn't, but I hate cooking intricate meals because of the subsequent cleaning. Also I'm willing to pay more for food I like (and that's healthier).

The odd consequence has been that I've really gotten into Soylent. Yes, yes, the name is inspired by the movie. But it's probably not people.

But honestly, Soylent is one of the few things that is a bright red line for me in feeling like I'm in "the future". I try not to evangelize because people look at you funny when you tell them about creepy future food, but man, I highly recommend trying it (which, admittedly, is hard as it sells in bulk, but should you get the chance...)

Well, the cacao and coffiest ones at least. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of the powder or the "unflavored" one. Especially not the nectar one.

I have a mix of coffiest and cacao every work morning, which is really odd for me as I never, ever, regularly had breakfast before. And I haven't died yet!

Got inspired to post about it because they just released a CHAI flavor.

Chai Soylent, what a world we live in.
Soy protein. For cultivating serious bitchtits.

(occupational joke there, I get a lot of body builders asking me about proteins)

I wish I didn't, but I hate cooking intricate meals because of the subsequent cleaning. Also I'm willing to pay more for food I like (and that's healthier).

The odd consequence has been that I've really gotten into Soylent. Yes, yes, the name is inspired by the movie. But it's probably not people.

But honestly, Soylent is one of the few things that is a bright red line for me in feeling like I'm in "the future". I try not to evangelize because people look at you funny when you tell them about creepy future food, but man, I highly recommend trying it (which, admittedly, is hard as it sells in bulk, but should you get the chance...)

Well, the cacao and coffiest ones at least. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of the powder or the "unflavored" one. Especially not the nectar one.

I have a mix of coffiest and cacao every work morning, which is really odd for me as I never, ever, regularly had breakfast before. And I haven't died yet!

Got inspired to post about it because they just released a CHAI flavor.

Chai Soylent, what a world we live in.
I must be only one of a few people to say this..
I love doing dishes and cleaning my kitchen after cooking!

Gah. I hate cleaning the kitchen with a passion. My ex was like that. Always cleaning. I'd cook, use a bowl for mixing and then set it down, she would shadow me, grab it, clean it and place it back into the cabinet as soon as I turned around. It was kinda funny. And oddly efficient. We never tripped each other up in the kitchen.

She had these large awkward decorative pillows on the couch. I'd always move mine so that I could lean back more. EVERY time I'd get up, even if it was just to go to the bathroom and come right back, she would instinctively grab the pillow and put it back where it belonged. Then I'd have to move it out of the way again when I returned. I always thought it was funny because I don't think she even realized. Just in a constant cleaning mode.

That's the one thing I hate about cooking, yeah. Damn decorative pillows.

Gah. I hate cleaning the kitchen with a passion. My ex was like that. Always cleaning. I'd cook, use a bowl for mixing and then set it down, she would shadow me, grab it, clean it and place it back into the cabinet as soon as I turned around. It was kinda funny. And oddly efficient. We never tripped each other up in the kitchen.

She had these large awkward decorative pillows on the couch. I'd always move mine so that I could lean back more. EVERY time I'd get up, even if it was just to go to the bathroom and come right back, she would instinctively grab the pillow and put it back where it belonged. Then I'd have to move it out of the way again when I returned. I always thought it was funny because I don't think she even realized. Just in a constant cleaning mode.

That's the one thing I hate about cooking, yeah. Damn decorative pillows.
I'm the same i'm afraid, my apartment is like a palace, everything in its place, cushions on the sofa placed in a certain way, bath towel folded neatly over the bath, shoes in a perfect line in my hallway, tie-backs on the curtains matching either side! . My kitchen gets messy the worst, after i've washed up and wiped the stove and worktops i then mop up the whole floor with hot soapy water, i'm usually knackered after a meal!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Some people call it French toast, or Gypsy bread, we call it Eggy Bread here.
Eggy bread sounds better. I was going to make that for brunch yesterday but forgot the eggs.

Eggy bread with asparagus. I have some nice seed bread at home. Sauteed mushrooms. Hmm getting hungry.

I guess this is somewhat on point. I finished putting up peas this year. About 30lbs blanched, bagged, and frozen.

'tis the season 'round these here parts.

I think I'm growing some on y balcony. It's too tiny to tell, yet. I went a bit wild sowing seeds this year. Like a dude without a condom. No idea what's in that pot , I'll have to wait ad see what it looks like to be sure it's peas.

I think I'm growing some on y balcony. It's too tiny to tell, yet. I went a bit wild sowing seeds this year. Like a dude without a condom. No idea what's in that pot , I'll have to wait ad see what it looks like to be sure it's peas.

rofl. I like how unsure you are about what's going on on your balcony. Eh, maybe it's peas. Could be mildew. Could be some alien parasite life form. Iderno. Too small to tell yet. I'll let you know in a few weeks maybe. Or my clone will. Either way, cheers!!

rofl. I like how unsure you are about what's going on on your balcony. Eh, maybe it's peas. Could be mildew. Could be some alien parasite life form. Iderno. Too small to tell yet. I'll let you know in a few weeks maybe. Or my clone will. Either way, cheers!!

How will you know I'm me?

How will you know I'm me?
I guess that depends. I mean, are we talking Star Trek transporter type clone? Magician Hugh Jackman type clones? Cuz on those cases, you will totally still be you. Or are we talking Body Snatcher level cloning? I guess when you start pointing at people and screeching, that might be a good hint. How you (er... your clone, that is) will be able to emote that in text on a forum is anybody's guess!

Either way, I'm safe way over here. And will probably continue to enjoy the random comments on these forums by you or your other you.

*unless your clone can't type, and instead literally communicates with a face roll. Then that might be pretty obvious.

=\

That's me to a tee. Disorder makes me ill. Drives my husband nuts.

Like a dude without a condom. No idea what's in that pot , I'll have to wait ad see what it looks like to be sure it's peas.
LOL. So long as it's not a baby, you should be okay.

Eggy bread sounds better. I was going to make that for brunch yesterday but forgot the eggs.
Got so hungry talking to rattus in bananabox about congee I had to make some eggy bread.