Wall.e

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Surprised there isn't a thread already about this. So if there is, my apologies, My work computer doesn’t seem to appreciate the search function too much.

After Cars, Fish, Bugs, Rats, Monsters, Toys and Superheroes, Pixars next installment in their “Wonderful World Of...” series focuses on Robots. And it looks fantastic....

Written and directed by Andrew Stanton, the genius behind the first Shrek movie and one of my all time favourite flicks, Finding Nemo, WALL.E is about a robot who is left behind on an uninhabitable Earth after the Humans have made it so messy it can no longer support life. Whilst they disappear into the cosmos to live on Cruise ship style spaceships, Wall.E is left behind to clean up their mess with only his little cockroach buddy as he sole companion. After 700 years of tidying, he finally gets a visitor, a female robot. Following her into the cosmos, I guess that’s where the story gets going.

Check out the new trailer here...
http://uk.media.movies.ign.com/media...22/vids_1.html

This is the first time Pixar have attempted proper Sci-Fi, Incredibles dealt with Science Fiction a little bit, but here Pixar are going to be dealing with true science fiction, the fate of mankind and the creation of A.I. Obviously its not going to be a 2001 Space Odyssey-esque story with lots of weirdness and ponderings about mankind, but I think its going to be good fun and have a lot of heart, which Stanton did a great job at doing with Shrek, Nemo and Monsters. Apparently, in terms of dialogue, it’s a silent movie, as our protagonist Wall.E doesn’t actually speak, so that will be interesting with a lot of the ‘physical’ comedy they can do with the robot, and judging from the trailer, it looks pretty funny.

I’m really looking forward to this for so many reasons, and more than any of the ones I have mentioned above, the little guy looks like Johnny 5, one of my all time favourite robots!

When i saw the poster, i instantly thought Short Circuit and was pretty unimpressed. Not watched trailer though and the premise sounded quite intriguing.

Well, it seems as though i'm the only cool guy here who gives a robotic turd about Wall.E, but i think it looks awesome.

Check out the Superbowl TV spot here...
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/...tml?sb_qt_high

i already seen the trailer, it's really cute.

I've seen it before and I ignored it., but when I go back with it i find it really good.,

At last a big fat trailer has been released, and it looks FANTASTIC.

As mentioned most of the film is without dialogue, as both of the robots who feature as the main characters can only communictae through R2D2-style beeps, so alot of the comedy, and the sweeter bits will all be physcial stuff. Which i think could be brilliant.

And by the looks of things, this could do for outer space, what Pixar did for the bottom of the ocean - make it look truly wonderful.

I am most looking forward to THIS...

Lost in never never land
It looked pretty entertaining to me. It isn't a film that has me waiting with baited breathe for it to come out, but it does look like it could be cute and funny.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

This looks like a really cute movie.... I kept hearing 'Number 5 is alive' (in my head) while I was watching the trailer....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I just know they're coming to kill me.
As cute as it looks, let's not forget the CGI animation. It looks beautiful, and I say it's probably going to top the quality of animation put into Pixar's other films by a landslide. But that's just my opinion.

He's such a cute little creature, and the CGI looks really amazing. This is definatley going to be one to check out.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
trailer looked awesome, the story looks very sweet and the graphics look very slick, cant wait for this. Its kinda makin me watch Finding Nemo again just to get an animation fix

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Thanks for that longer trailer. Gave me more of an idea on what the movie is about.

As it was said before, the animation looks amazing.

I think it's safe to say we found ourselves another Best Animated Oscar film here.

Suspect's Reviews

Yeah i think we can all agree that the animation looks amazing. If you can, download the trailer in HD. I watched it on my MAC and it melted my eyes with beauty.
You see a movie trailer.
I see the reworking of a classic ride at Disneyland.
What ride? Something in Tomorrow Land? If so, I WANNA GO!

Fat chicks need love too
The first time I saw it I thought it was a Johnny 5 cartoon.. it looks really good though, and Pixar has yet to miss on making a good movie

Went along to an exclusive preview screener thingy last night, and Andrew Stanton came along and showed two ten minute previews of this.
I am not exaggerating when I say it looks astounding. The animation is flawless, and the character of Wall.E needs no dialogue what so ever, they seem to have created a character who can display a wealth of emotions and a wide range of performance just by simple movements. In the same way Nick Parks manages to get such a great performance out of his mute plasticine dog Gromit.

It looks like its going to make me laugh and cry in equal measure. This has quickly soared to one of my most anticipated films of 2008 so far.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
some pictures I found here