Iron Man

Tools    

Specialty Films Cinema
If I read correctly, someone wanted tom cruise to play iron man... dumbass. But really though, I'm super-excited for this movie, I'm glad to see another director out there that likes to match the music PERFECTLY with film. I can't wait!

In the Beginning...
If I read correctly, someone wanted tom cruise to play iron man... dumbass.
Yeah, that was me, and here's why:

Personally, beside the fact that he's been a consistently great actor for years, I think he's more than competent at playing flawed, emotionally stretched characters who inevitably do great things (and if we're talking about Tony Stark, well... there you go). Recent examples include War of the Worlds, The Last Samurai, Magnolia, and Jerry Maguire.

But I imagine your only aversion to him is that he's a self-proclaimed spokesman for Scientology, and that his erratic behavior is more than laughable. Still, I'm capable of separating the actor from the whackjob, and apparently so is Cruise. He still puts out consistently good work.

So there.

Nice!

sfilm was all like "Pfffft!" and I was like, well, I guess he has a point I mean-

Then Sleezy was like "Yeah, that was me, and here's why: BOOM!"

Then I was all Nice! cause it was awesome!

But seriously Tom Cruise would've done a great job. If he combined Top GUn Tom with Samurai Tom and a dash of Fourth of July Tom it would've been balls to the wall. Whenever I heard about this movie I was thinking Johnny Depp all the way, but now that I've seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, I totally expect RDJ to blow me away.

Movie Forums Extra
Waiting eagerly to see the movie..........i think Tom cruise will be the perfect man to suit in this film.

...i think Tom cruise will be the perfect man to suit in this film.
Too late, and Robert Downey Jr. kicks major ass in Iron Man. The role was suited perfectly just for him. I can't see anybody else portraying his character after watching the film.

Too late, and Robert Downey Jr. kicks major ass in Iron Man. The role was suited perfectly just for him. I can't see anybody else portraying his character after watching the film.

hm, you saw the film already jrs?

This movie should be awesome! Please avoid cheesy are predictable scenes!

Well, have you jrs?

Fat chicks need love too
I can't wait to see it.. Mostly because I'm such a huge fan of superhero movies though

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
And don't talk to me like I go on this thread every 2 minutes.
jeez can you be nicer about it?

Funny!

JR goes on this thread every 20 minutes

Any major sequel talk as of yet? Not just Iron Man but I'd love to get some idea of The Avengers supposed pre-prod.

I'd love to get some idea of The Avengers supposed pre-prod.
Jon Favreau has told me amongst others the same thing. He would love to take on the Avengers movie if the exerience is as good as Iron man. They still need to make a few movies because avengers has such characters as Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Iron Man. It would make sense (as he puts it) that they would probably want a chapter for each character before they start playing with the idea of combining them.