Keeping Track of Watchlists

Tools    

How do people keep track of what movies they want to see outside of a movie theater? (When Netflix ends its dvd run, there goes my saved library.) When The NY Times reviews a movie it lets one know if the movie is in theaters or whether it’s streaming &, if so, where is it streaming? Very useful information for me - I immediately add it to my watchlist & make note of its streaming home for future viewing.

So how can I keep track of movie-theaters-only movies that I want to watch that may or may not come to a streaming platform eventually? Once I’ve read the review I never return to it & so many movies are instantly forgotten never to be found again.

Thoughts anyone?

I have an account on the site JustWatch. It allows you to add movies to your watchlist, even if they are not currently streaming.

You can tell the site which services you have, and it is very easy to either look at everything on your watchlist or filter it down to just movies that are currently streaming on your services.

The trick is not minding
I use to have a notebook categorized by year that I kept track with many years ago. Way back in the aughts. It became too ungainly so I mostly save things on Amazon and Criterion that I plan to watch.

I wouldn’t reconnect the former. Definitely recommend the latter.

Letterboxd is free, but if you pay for a "Pro" account ($1.60 US/month), your "Justwatch" settings carry over. So I can create a watchlist, and then filter by whatever streaming service I choose. It's probably my most-used website, so the price is well worth it for me.

I have an account on the site JustWatch. It allows you to add movies to your watchlist, even if they are not currently streaming.

You can tell the site which services you have, and it is very easy to either look at everything on your watchlist or filter it down to just movies that are currently streaming on your services.
Sounds like just what I need.

Like a Word file where you just copy and paste the names of the movies you want to watch when they come to streaming.
Got it. First thing I will probably do is screenshots of my Netflix queue & saved queue.

Letterboxd is free, but if you pay for a "Pro" account ($1.60 US/month), your "Justwatch" settings carry over. So I can create a watchlist, and then filter by whatever streaming service I choose. It's probably my most-used website, so the price is well worth it for me.
Will check this out for sure.

Getting the hang of Letterboxd. Dragged 50+ movies over yesterday from Netflix dvd saved to my new watchlist on Letterboxd. No point adding to Netflix saved any longer. Must remember to drag my queue from Netflix to Letterboxd by 9/29 & then I’ll delete the Netflix dvd app.

Not gonna do Pro. All I need is a watchlist & Letterboxd is adequate for my needs. If I click on “services” for each movie I can see if & where it’s streaming.

I have no intention of making lists, diary entries, likes, etc. & I won’t be following anyone. Not saying this isn’t good on Pro, but I don’t have the time for another forum.

If I click on “services” for each movie I can see if & where it’s streaming.
True, I didn't think of that. Pro just filters out all the services you don't have but you can still find everything with the free account.

True, I didn't think of that. Pro just filters out all the services you don't have but you can still find everything with the free account.
The only difference is that with Pro they notify one when a watchlist movie is now available to stream. Which is a nice touch, but of all the 56 movies in my watchlist only a few are not ready to stream right now. So I will have to periodically check on those. With the demise of Netflix dvd, I needed a watchlist & now I have one.

Not finding Letterboxd super user-friendly. Haven’t gotten a single notification from Pro yet so I hope I set up my streaming services properly.

I'm writing mine down on paper and its like hundreds of movies long. Might take me 2-3 years to see all the movies I want to see or missed.

Not finding Letterboxd super user-friendly. Haven’t gotten a single notification from Pro yet so I hope I set up my streaming services properly.
Now we’re talking. Got an email that informed me that about a dozen movies in my watchlist can now be streamed.

Just want to say that Letterboxd and Pro are the best things that happened to me all year. Yes, it’s been that kind of year.

Currently I have 148 movies in my watchlist.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in this thread.

QUESTION: Quite a number of movies in my watchlist are still in theaters. Does every movie eventually become a streaming movie? I sure do hope so.