Best Soundtrack, Best score

Tools    

I have lots of favorite soundtracks, but the ones that stick out are Pulp Fiction, Trainspotting, Goodfellas, Jackie Brown, and Do the Right thing. And if you count the classical music in 2001, that too.

There are too many great scores to mention, but I have to say my favorites as of now are "Heat" and "A Clockwork Orange". I like Fight Club's as well, it's almost like a character in the movie. Out of Sight also makes an appearance in my CD player sometimes. But Heat and Clockwork have the most beautiful music ever.

What are yours?

Humm... off the top of my head I can come up with Star Wars, Crouching Tiger, and Clockwork... give me time and I am sure I can come up with quite a few more.

I do love the Pulp Fiction soundtrack though. The cd is always in my car and quite often in the player.

Crouching Tiger's "main" song (the one nominated for an Oscar) is fantastic. And, as odd as it sounds, I like two fo the songs from "The Thomas Crown Affair" -- the one near the end is particularly well-placed.

Soundtrack of THE MISSION, THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, Disney's MULAN and from a TV documentary series "THE CIVIL WAR--especially the instrumental ETOKIN (or ESHOGAN) SPRING or something like that . . . I can't find the CD!!!!

I KNOW IT! It is Ashokan Farewell, Ive heard it played at funerals a lot. Pigsnie has the CD, he played it for my dead goldfish before we flushed it doen the toiley.

Other great scores, Yojimbo and Silence of the Lambs. Pigsnie also bought the Hannibal CD recently, he said it was the best score of 2001.

That's one lucky goldfish--so to speak

I've bought quite a few soundtracks recently.

The Karate Kid! The last song ("You're the best!") is an AWESOME psyche-up song.

The Graduate.
Some great Simon and Garfunkel tracks.

Rocky.
Also excellent training music.

I've also bought a John Williams compilation set, which has some awesome music:
Schindler's List
Star Wars (I love the Imperial March)
Jurassic Park

I've just ordered the Judge Dredd soundtrack too, and managed to find a copy of the TeenWolf soundtrack (on eBay - thanks for the suggestion).

Vietnam war films have a lot of good music too. I bought "Themes from War films" (or similar title) and there are some great tracks on it.

I have to say that my favorite soundtrack is Pulp Fiction. I mean any CD that has Kool and the Gang's "Jungle Boogie" and Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" has to be the best soundtrack

I really liked the score to The Firm. It fit the visuals of the film really well, and I like that kind of stripped-down, jazzy sound.

my fave scores are lawn dogs, heathers (i like any scores by david newman), pleasantville and sirens.

my fave soundtracks are magnolia, say anything, zero effect, until the end of the world, some kind of wonderful, pretty in pink, grosse point blank, good will hunting, don't tell mom the babysitter's dead
and she's having a baby.

Call me a geek..but I am going to have to go with "Grease"..lol. I also like the soundtrack to "Pretty in Pink" and "The Breakfast Club".

Hahahahahah

Gonna have to think about the 'soundtrack' part of this one. So many I can't narrow it down.

Best score.... Ennio Morricone's "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly".

only one movie comes to mind as the best Schindlers List. Perfect score that embodied the whole movie and brings back memories every time you hear it. Wow, powerful stuff!

The Ghost Dog soundtrack done by the Wu Tang clan is good.

Indeed. I'm looking forward to Cuban Linx vol II.

Requiem for a Dream ALL THE WAY!

The best soundtrack and score goes to the best album ever recorded:

MAGNOLIA

Aimee Mann is a superb singer/songwriter, and her music perfectly fits the film in all the right places. Not to mention Jon Brion's turn with the orchestral work.

Other great ones include:

STAR WARS
ROCKY
MY FAIR LADY
TITANIC (except for Celine Dion's terribly sappy
rendition of My Heart Will Drone On...)
THE LITTLE MERMAID
LEAVING LAS VEGAS
PULP FICTION
THAT THING YOU DO! (this would be for the sole reason
that the title song was good enough to be a hit during
the time period the film was set in, and it was
bearable and even enjoyable to be heard again and again
in a two-hour time span)
GOODFELLAS

The best cheap (as in, I-couldn't-afford-a-real-musician-to-compose-a-score) goes to HALLOWEEN, whose opening notes have lived on for thirty years and is still used.

The best soundtrack and score goes to the best album ever recorded:

MAGNOLIA

Aimee Mann is a superb singer/songwriter, and her music perfectly fits the film in all the right places. Not to mention Jon Brion's turn with the orchestral work.

Other great ones include:

STAR WARS
ROCKY
MY FAIR LADY
TITANIC (except for Celine Dion's terribly sappy
rendition of My Heart Will Drone On...)
THE LITTLE MERMAID
LEAVING LAS VEGAS
PULP FICTION
THAT THING YOU DO! (this would be for the sole reason
that the title song was good enough to be a hit during
the time period the film was set in, and it was
bearable and even enjoyable to be heard again and again
in a two-hour time span)
GOODFELLAS
GIMME SHELTER

The best cheap (as in, I-couldn't-afford-a-real-musician-to-compose-a-score) goes to HALLOWEEN, whose opening notes have lived on for thirty years and is still used.