Paranormal Activity 3

→ in
Tools    

that's what she said...
I won't spoil the movie for those who havn't seen it yet, but if you have, opinions anyone??

For me, I was DISAPPOINTED . Sad face because I enjoyed the first 2 and in comparison to the first and second, I don't think this new 3rd one was that great. There was no real jumps (to me at least), wasn't as spooky as the others. There was one part that was creepy to me but I'll share when I think everyone's had a chance to see it so that I dont spoil the part. Just wanted to know how you guys felt about it since I didn't see a PA3 review yet!

Damn lundy... I think you and I are on different opposites here, which is cool because I know I do not care for the movies which have a point of view through some sort of captured footage. What ever the hell you call that style.

I thought the first one was disappointing (no stimulation or effect to me as part of the audience). I felt as if I waited through the whole movie for what? I just wanted to see more ghost type crap through the entire movie, not these little crumbs of "could be paranormal" activities or it was the wind type explanations.

The second movie was a grain better than the first but still annoyed me at the end.

The third one to me had more character and I felt that it made up for the last two. I will not ruin this movie for those who have not seen it yet, but will be glad to post more thoughts on it later.

When I read your thoughts on these movies lundy...I thought maybe I'm approaching them all wrong, maybe something I'm missing. I don't know.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I haven't watched the 2nd and 3rd one yet but the first one affected me a lot actually. It's so simple and the style was so natural making it like it's s real. Have to watch the other two for me to say my opinion to those parts as well.

that's what she said...
In response to your response(native son), lol, I guess when I watched the 3rd I actually felt like I was watching a horror movie where in the first two, even tho I knew it was just a movie, it felt more realistic, for lack of better words. Like, even tho I knew it was just actors, it felt more real to me because there wasn't any exhaduared "ghost scenes". I guess I enjoyed that it was kind of subtle, like, the sounds and the strange occurances in the first (and 2nd as well) are things that people hear in their own house. There are always creeks and small tap sounds in big houses, you know? And it usually is just from wind or the heater turning on, ect. but after watching paranormal activity it made you read more into those tiny noises. I know i'm going on and on lol but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that 1 and 2 felt like real footage and the 3 felt like a "movie" movie. And as I completely respect your opinion , this one is my opinion.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
In response to your response(native son), lol, I guess when I watched the 3rd I actually felt like I was watching a horror movie where in the first two, even tho I knew it was just a movie, it felt more realistic, for lack of better words. Like, even tho I knew it was just actors, it felt more real to me because there wasn't any exhaduared "ghost scenes". I guess I enjoyed that it was kind of subtle, like, the sounds and the strange occurances in the first (and 2nd as well) are things that people hear in their own house. There are always creeks and small tap sounds in big houses, you know? And it usually is just from wind or the heater turning on, ect. but after watching paranormal activity it made you read more into those tiny noises. I know i'm going on and on lol but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that 1 and 2 felt like real footage and the 3 felt like a "movie" movie. And as I completely respect your opinion , this one is my opinion.
I agree with the effect of the first one to me. I can't compare the other two yet though because I haven't watched them yet. I really have to see those too.

that's what she said...
I agree with the effect of the first one to me. I can't compare the other two yet though because I haven't watched them yet. I really have to see those too.
Yes you do!! lol they are worth seeing (even tho I was dissapointed in the 3rd, it's still good as a "movie" and worth the watch)
I dont know if you have netflix, but they have Paranormal Activity 2 on it.

You see, I knew I was approaching this wrong... I'm going to watch them again with a different angle and a better open mind.

I'm not a horror junkie but I did watch PA3 on the theaters. I was depressed that time and I was glad I enjoyed it. There are hardly any new scenarios but it definitely scared me, better than the first one (haven't seen 2 and not interested). Really loved it, but I'll probably not gonna like it the second time. It had a pretty bad script and acting, the only character I liked was the husband's friend. Anyway, watch this if you're in for a good scare.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Saw it last weekend. I'll keep my opinion short...

Definitely scary. But...the build-up took WAY too long - and the ending was aggravating as hell and completely ridiculous. I walked out of the theater with a bad taste in my mouth.

I still think that "Paranormal Activity" (first in the series) is the best one.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Yes you do!! lol they are worth seeing (even tho I was dissapointed in the 3rd, it's still good as a "movie" and worth the watch)
I dont know if you have netflix, but they have Paranormal Activity 2 on it.
Okay, I'll try to check that out.

Just watched 1 and 2 back to back and kept an open mind and a new perspective for them. I do like them a lot better as movies after posting in this thread.

Thanks mofos

I really enjoyed the first movie. It was creepy and kept you watching. The sequel sadly just didn't do it for me. I might watch the third but will wait for a while I think.

The Drunk and Happy
I'd say this movie is three beers. An okay movie.
Verdict: Despite its overly familiar aesthetic and narrative, Paranormal Activity 3 is actually an impressive horror film that uses great special effects, some original ideas, and selective capturing to deliver spine tingling moments of horror. There are even a few images that may get stuck in your head and give you squeamish thoughts. I’ll admit that after seeing it and as night fell, engulfing my room in darkness, I kept my bedroom light on a little longer and held my pillow a bit tighter.

that's what she said...
The part when the "paranormal" is under a blanket behind the babysitter...... that part stuck in my mind the most. It was just eerie and super creepy. Not especially scary but it's one of those things that when the movie is over and you get all comfy at home, that image reappears.

Out of all of those movies, I found this one the best. which doesn't say a lot.

I have seen the first two, and by seeing them I'm pretty sure three isn't much better! I thought the movies to be WAY overrated!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

A system of cells interlinked
I really enjoy these flicks. I didn't think i would like them, but it;s clever stuff, woven together in a pretty fun way. I think the characters in the third were a bit more believable, as well.

I hated it, to many cheap scare scenes. They made a joke of the scaring. Worst in the series, 4 better be a lot better than this one.

that's what she said...
Out of all of those movies, I found this one the best. which doesn't say a lot.
I don't know how you can say that! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course it's just that PA3 was just soooo bad.... or shall I say "dissapointing". PA and PA2 make your feel like you're watching found footage where as PA3 makes you feel like you're watching a horror movie. If that makes sense.

I really enjoy these flicks. I didn't think i would like them, but it;s clever stuff, woven together in a pretty fun way. I think the characters in the third were a bit more believable, as well.
I do agree that the characters in PA3 were more believable... but at the same time thats what made me not like it as much as the others because the 'believable' part to their acting is what made me feel like I was watching another avarage horror movie. When I watch the others I feel like I'm watching avarage people you see in everyday life living with cameras all over their house. Like, if I had cameras all over my house filming every second I wouldn't act normal either because I would feel like I'm being watched every second. The 3rd one, their acting is so believable that it makes it feel like your everyday pop-out horror movie.

And like I've been trying to say, it's not that I hate PA3. I was just simply "dissapointed" because I loved the originality of the first 2 that make you feel like your watching found footage.

.... I know.... I sound like a broken record player....

I hated it, to many cheap scare scenes. They made a joke of the scaring. Worst in the series, 4 better be a lot better than this one.
I am looking forward to PA4 and hope it's better than PA3 too! One things for sure, nothing beats the ORIGINAL #1 in the series: Paranormal Activity.