Favorite Bad Movies?

Tools    

I'm a big fan of films that are either intentionally B-pictures or that inadvertently cross the line from being absolutely terrible into being entertaining for that very reason. Here is a list of my personal Top Twelve:

*Note: In this ongoing feature, I afford each film a twelve word justification of its place on the list.

Troll 2 (1990) – What if I told you this film featured absolutely no trolls? Honest.
Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) – The video game sequence isn’t scary but seeing Rosanne in 3D is.
Bride of the Monster (1955) – My favorite from Ed Wood, perhaps the worst director in cinema history.
Mars Attacks! (1996) – The perfect homage to the terrible science-fiction behind Burton’s madness.
Mortal Kombat (1995) – The reason Paul “Thomas” wants to avoid confusion the other Paul Anderson.
Barbarella (1968) – Before Vietnam Fonda protected American freedom of the breasts in zero gravity.
Army of Darkness (1992) – Reiterates man’s right to shoot his woman when she gets “real ugly.”
The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dinemsion (1984) – To this date, the long promised sequel to Banzai has never surfaced.
The Terror of Tiny Town (1938) – More offensive by far than either Tod Browning’s Freaks or Crippled Masters.
Godzilla’s Revenge (1969) – Made up predominantly from stock footage taken from other Japanese monster movies.
Suburban Commando (1991) – Begat the hallowed tradition of muscle bound jugheads getting jobs in childcare.
Cutthroat Island (1995) – Frank Langella and Geena Davis embarrass themselves in this big-budget flop.

Here, There and Everywhere
+ 1 for Mortal Kombat (1995), I'll have to add Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991) for now, I will think of more I'm sure.

Edit: Starship Troopers (1997).

Welcome to the human race...
I agree with Vicky - Army of Darkness may be schlocky but no way in hell would I count it as a bad movie on par with most of the others that Kaiju named.

Don't make me bust out the list of junk Drew's appeared in.
That would really be a long list, best advice would be to copy the entire filmography & remove the few exceptions.

Charlie's Angels is far worse than Army Of Darkness..

The Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger are truly terrible (acting? script?) but the Harryhausen creatures still make them fun to watch.

(Those other Sinbad movies, like Jingle all the Way, are just plain terrible.)

Don't make me bust out the list of junk Drew's appeared in.
That would really be a long list, best advice would be to copy the entire filmography & remove the few exceptions.

Charlie's Angels is far worse than Army Of Darkness..
I think someone must've spiked GP's birthday cake or something, as he's typing gibberish here.

Me, I love old B movies and such.

But if we're going to talk crap movies lets add 'Hercules in New York' with Arnie the Terminator making an early appearance on the silver screen. With a movie like that I'm surprised that he got anywhere at all!

Yet my assertion remains unquestioned.
Because I don't, and never have, denied it. But AoD is crap and comparing it to Charlie's Angels is ridiculous. CA pisses all over AoD.

I want to watch Suburban Commando.

I'd like to add American Ninja.
Nice choice. As for the question of Raimi's Army being a bad film, if you had gotten the chance to read my feature, which I took this list from, you would have noticed a note that explains that the Evil Dead finale was included as an exceptionally cheesy title which couldn't really be called "bad" but lacked elements expected of less comedic fare.

The Sinbad films noted by replayback were close to making the cut. For now I guess they'll have to settle for "dishonorable mentions." Also, a friend turned me on to a newish movie called The Room, which is supposed to be awful. Has anyone seen it?

Because I don't, and never have, denied it. But AoD is crap and comparing it to Charlie's Angels is ridiculous. CA pisses all over AoD.
I don't love you anymore.

Welcome to the human race...
*shrug* Alright.

Nice choice. As for the question of Raimi's Army being a bad film, if you had gotten the chance to read my feature, which I took this list from, you would have noticed a note that explains that the Evil Dead finale was included as an exceptionally cheesy title which couldn't really be called "bad" but lacked elements expected of less comedic fare.

The Sinbad films noted by replayback were close to making the cut. For now I guess they'll have to settle for "dishonorable mentions." Also, a friend turned me on to a newish movie called The Room, which is supposed to be awful. Has anyone seen it?
I've seen The Room - it's definitely awful, but in a genuinely entertaining way. Seeing it in a theatre was pretty awesome too.

Also, as for favourite bad films - I am slightly disappointed that nobody has mentioned Commando, unless they don't think it's genuinely bad.

Commando isn't bad. What's the matter with you. Arnold hater... that's what you are.

Hmm, I'll say
Re-Animator
Frankenhooker
They Live
Motel Hell
Swamp Thing