Mofo Bros Top 100: A Raul and Sean Production

→ in
Tools    

Kicking myself that I missed the chance to see it in 3D when the restoration played...almost a decade ago (****, time flies). Would have loved to see what Hitch did with the format.

Kicking myself that I missed the chance to see it in 3D when the restoration played...almost a decade ago (****, time flies). Would have loved to see what Hitch did with the format.

Not entirely sure if you're including the whole LOTR trilogy or just Fellowship. My family used to watch the extended editions every year around Thanksgiving. We kinda grew out of it since everyone's lives were changing. That, and most of the people were going keto so no breadbowls with dumplings. The menu was significantly smaller until our stepdad became much better at keto baking.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

This is a movie that just has it all for me. Love the twists in the movie. The acting is awesome, Jackman and Bale are so great and I love Caine in this too. The film looks great, sounds great and just feels like your right there in the midst of the magician duel.

I'm not a fan of Christian Bale, but I'll watch just about any movie with Hugh Jackman. It's been a while since I saw The Prestige, but I remember liking it. It's on my watchlist to rewatch it for the 2000s Countdown.

Such a delightful film in so many ways, but also very melancholy thematically so it hits me just right. In a very welcome habit of watching this on Christmas Eve the last few years.
As much as I love musicals, somehow I still haven't seen La La Land.

This is the standard bearer for Noir for me. Sets up all the tropes and does them all well. Great writing and great cast make this the perfect movie. Robinson gives one of my absolute favorite performances here.
Double Indemnity is one of the best noir films.

Another cheat for HK to get on me about. I can never leave this off my lists because it is just exactly what I look for in my entertainment. Endlessly entertaining but also has something to say about us and how we interact with the world. Again, perfect casting. Love Woodrow and Gus.
I thought Lonesome Dove was a mini-series. Is there also a Lonesome Dove movie?

Spoiler alert, this is my favorite Hitch. My favorite actor playing the protagonist, everything in one location giving the perfect sense of tension. Oh yeah, the most beautiful love interest ever.
Rear Window isn't my favorite Hitchcock movie, but it's probably in my top 5.

Too hard to leave off a movie with one of my all time favorite performances. I just love the way Jewison tells this story, whether accurate or not. Tugs at the heartstrings and is a powerful and emotional watch each time.

I think I watched The Hurricane for a HoF a while back. I didn't have high expectations for it because I thought it was a boxing movie, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.

One of those movies that gets better after each and every watch. Again, I love how the film centers in on one location. I love how it all unravels. Milland is great, better here than The Lost Weekend for me. Oh and it's got Grace Kelly.

I love Dial M for Murder. It was one of the first Hitchcock movies I ever saw, (maybe even the first), and it's one of my favorites.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Excellent beginning to the film, perhaps the best ever. Really has everything you look for in a film. Every emotion is felt throughout the film. Love the Carl character too.

It's debatable from a filmmaking standpoint this is the greatest film ever made. It being a tough watch might be the reason why it's never considered, but everything about it is excellent. Neeson and Kingley are damn good. Fiennes performance is phenomenal.

Another match. For those counting at home that’s…please let me know because I’m not counting at home.
That's at least two now I reckon

Anyway.....

...I mistakenly counted the Human Condition trilogy in the 40s for Sean when obviously it should count toward the 30s and that along with A Streetcar Named Desire and Rear Window give his set the edge for me over Raul's Goodfellas, The Red Shoes and Ozu double.

Love a good story about a man standing alone in his principles. This is probably the best example of that for me. One of the great scripts in my opinion. Now on to some degenerates.

My favorite Bogart. What a great story, and this is one of the most beautiful B&W movies there is.

Took us a minute to get to PTA but you know there is more coming. His films work on every level for me. Can't get enough of the greatest modern director.

Love Gould here so much, the best Marlow. Lots of humor in this, terrific ending. Even love the repetitive score and soundtrack.

Time to use the M word again. Absolutely nothing to criticize here. Baptiste is perhaps my #1 movie character ever.

Seen 4 of the 5. My favorite of them being The Long Goodbye. Gould is badass in that.

I do like There Will Be Blood too.

Children of Paradise is too long but ok, Man for all Seasons meh to me.