Coronavirus

Tools    

And yet, this still ends up being a horrifying read.
Indeed. And many similar accounts have been written by American doctors.

Horrible that this poor woman starts work at 8 a.m. & finishes at 9.30 p.m.

We risked my Father coming to stay over Christmas and thankfully all went fine and no one passing the virus on as the time frame for symptoms to appear has passed.

It was a lesser of two evils though, if he had not come to us he would have gone to a house full of about 14 people including children... so think it was the right decision.

Going by online 'prediction' sites that predict where in the queue you are for the vaccine, my parents should get their vaccine around February which sounds about right for where they fall in list of order. Can't wait until then and that's a massive weight of stress off my shoulders not having to worry about my parents getting the virus. Like most.

As for me, in May sometime apparently.

Sigh... My Nan who is in her late 90s has been told that one of her carers has tested positive for the virus. So far no symptoms showing, and hopefully get her a test.

So fingers crossed. The carers wear masks and visors so hopefully nothing got out.

Wondering how long it will be before people start fighting each other for the vaccine. Believing that they deserve it more than someone else. Hope this doesn’t happen, but predicting that it will.
“In December, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo threatened sanctions of up to $1 million (and the revocation of the right to practice) against doctors, nurses, urgent-care providers or any others who delivered the vaccine unethically. On Monday he went further, proposing a law that would criminalize the administration of the vaccine to anyone trying to jump ahead in a line that prioritizes health care workers.” New York Times

I read about one woman who volunteers & donates to a hospital. She got the vaccine even though she’s not entitled to it at age 41 & in good health. But it was offered to her & I guess I would do the same as her as I volunteer too.

I'm not so sure I'd want the covid vaccine if offered to me. I'm no expert on the methodology of the new RNA lipid bubble vaccine, but having my cells reprogrammed by designer-alien-'gmo' RNA doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. Who knows what this vaccine will do in the human body over the long run, say a year from now, or even a decade.

I'm not so sure I'd want the covid vaccine if offered to me. I'm no expert on the methodology of the new RNA lipid bubble vaccine, but having my cells reprogrammed by designer-alien-'gmo' RNA doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. Who knows what this vaccine will do in the human body over the long run, say a year from now, or even a decade.
Understand what you’re saying, but I’m taking it anyway. Goodness knows when I’ll even be eligible.

I think one of the after-effects of Covid is that when I strain to do something... like walk up a lot of stairs or change/make my bed.. I get overheated quickly. I have to stop and sit down because I get hot. I actually took my temperature once when this happened, and it was normal.

Im not going to take it when first offered.. I think I will wait a year to see how the rest of the people are doing on it... and I will have more options from other pharmaceutical companies.

Hmm, you're really right. It seems like it's cool - high efficiency, but what are the consequences? At one time, there was a lot of sensational rejuvenation with the help of stem cells, and as a result, many of these rejuvenated died in torment from oncology.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I’m not comfortable with the idea of the vaccine either, but I’ll take it when I get my chance.

Look at it this way. All of your healthcare workers are getting it. If something happens to them, you’re gonna be screwed anyways 🤓

Im not going to take it when first offered.. I think I will wait a year to see how the rest of the people are doing on it... and I will have more options from other pharmaceutical companies.
This makes a lot of sense. But I’m gonna get mine anyway. But who knows when.

My Darth Star is in for a service
Most of the older generation where my Mum lives have had their first one or are having it within the next week.
My Mum is due hers Friday PM.
I'm not expecting to be getting it until at least Easter but you never know Boris and his bunch of brain dead buffoons might get their act in order and get organised then I might get it sooner.
They said all care and nursing homes would receive it by the end of January 2021but they are no where near fulfilling that promise.

Sad to see how obdurate my fellow Brits are in the UK. NY Times reports that 1 in 30 Londoners has the virus. Masks not required outside & lax enforcement inside. So many thousands are afflicted with the virus & so many thousands have died.

This is my hometown.

^ That's changing here, supermarkets anyway are finally banning people from going in without a mask unless they can prove medical reasons. I'm sorry but I don't believe every person I see without a mask has a medical reason for not wearing one...

Should have done this right from the start when masks were made mandatory inside.

When I was last in the supermarket, again an idiot reached over me to get something off the shelf, I turned to look and they were not wearing a mask. Typical.

^ That's changing here, supermarkets anyway are finally banning people from going in without a mask unless they can prove medical reasons.
Unbelievable. “Finally” after almost a year into this thing. Worse than us over here & we’re overrun with nutters.

I always laugh (i.e. cringe) at the posted Covid health signs on retail stores...'Mask are required' unless of course someone doesn't want to wear one
Here in Connecticut, people seem to be following this rule very well. Rare to see someone inside without a mask. Many many people wear them on the street too. I don’t do this though I carry one in case I meet someone I know.

Here in Connecticut, people seem to be following this rule very well. Rare to see someone inside without a mask. Many many people wear them on the street too. I don’t do this though I carry one in case I meet someone I know.
Mostly people are good here too, we have a very L state, Washington. Mainly I see arrogant guys in Home Depot strutting around without their mask and apparently damn proud of the own idiot-ism.