Character asks guy to change seat - wants to sit with girl - ball game

Tools    

freedom~empathy~peace
Trying to identify an American movie. I think it was the story of a guy who was down on his luck (probably out of work) and it was set in the 50's or 60's (maybe).

The one scene I remember is where he's at a ball game with a lady friend and he politely asks a stranger if he'll move seats to make room for them both. The guy is a jerk and refuses to move....a decision he pays a high price for because the lead character eventually loses patience with him and responds violently.

I thought the lead actor was James Woods, but I must be wrong because I can't find a match. My guess is the film was made some time in the past ten years.

Thanks.

freedom~empathy~peace
This movie has been identified for me in another web community. The film was 'Factotum' (2005) and the actor was Matt Dillon. It turns out that the scene I recalled taking place at a ballgame, was actually a horse race instead - (the main character was a bit of a problem drinker/gambler type).

Cheers

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
This movie has been identified for me in another web community. The film was 'Factotum' (2005) and the actor was Matt Dillon. It turns out that the scene I recalled taking place at a ballgame, was actually a horse race instead - (the main character was a bit of a problem drinker/gambler type).

Cheers
I've not seen that one. Thanks for coming back to update the thread!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear