Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Mark
Second Hand Lions

My Fair Lady
(stopped watching at the intermission, and had no interest in watching the rest).
Mark...I'm curious...what was it about Second Hand Lions that made you stop watching it? That's one of those videos I keep thinking I should rent for the kids as a family movie...but for some reason it doesn't really peek my interest to even try. Basically...I'm looking for a reason to think....'boy...am I glad I didn't waste money on this'.

My Fair Lady...I've seen it a few times...it's not one of my favorite musicals. I liked it much better on stage than on screen. Maybe I would have liked it better if Julie Andrews had played the lead....and the costumes weren't so costumie. Also, I was used to hearing the broadway soundtrack with her (my parents had the original album)...and I couldn't get used to Audrey Hepburn in that role.

Krack....I do love the actors in Groundhog Day....so maybe one day I won't snooze through it.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by Aniko
Mark...I'm curious...what was it about Second Hand Lions that made you stop watching it? That's one of those videos I keep thinking I should rent for the kids as a family movie...but for some reason it doesn't really peek my interest to even try. Basically...I'm looking for a reason to think....'boy...am I glad I didn't waste money on this'.
I love Michael Caine and Robert Duvall, but the premise of the film came off as a cheap way to get laughs (two old codgers taking in a wimpy kid and scaring him half to death before everyone becomes friends and life-lessons are learned). ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

My Fair Lady...I've seen it a few times...it's not one of my favorite musicals. I liked it much better on stage than on screen. Maybe I would have liked it better if Julie Andrews had played the lead....and the costumes weren't so costumie. Also, I was used to hearing the broadway soundtrack with her (my parents had the original album)...and I couldn't get used to Audrey Hepburn in that role.
I couldn't get in to any of the music. It was too much like story-telling and not enough of anything that caught my ear. By intermission, I didn't care if he succeeded in changing her or not.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

I think if you checked it out, you would be pleasantly surprised, ESPECIALLY as a family film. 'Cause good family movies are hard to find these days.

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I thought the alien was good and it's not his fault. King didn't make the movie.
The makers of the film didn't have much to work with though seeing as how Dreamcatcher is one of King's worst books in recent memory.

Originally Posted by Carissima
i always find it difficult to watch the godfather movies all the way through, purely because each one takes so long to explain the story in too much detail and they're so damn long

I can see how this might be troubling.... if you have an attention problem.

I Don't Know Anything
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Mrs. BDT to y'all
Originally Posted by Garrett
I can see how this might be troubling.... if you have an attention problem.
i do not have an attention problem as im into many psycological movies.........actually

I'm a naughtly little S**T
Shriek - Complete and Utter Boringness

I couldn't finish Napolean Dynamite. Sorry but it was too stupid for me..

the lotr movies **** that so boring

Catwoman -just couldnt get into that movie
Suspect Zero- It was good what I saw of it but got boring went to sleep on it

ummm cant think of anymore right now but theres plenty more

couldnt finish king arthur, kingdom of heaven, anchorman and team america world police.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by nebbit
Eyes Wide Shut
Ya, I felt that way the first time I watched it, I just wasn't in the mood. Now I love the film.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)

To be honest there are few musicals (I could count them with one hand if I could be bothered) that I've seen that I enjoy. I'm just not a fan of the genre, and this film did nothing to change that.

A couple of the films I couldn't finish quite a few years ago have gone on to become my favourite films. Apocalypse Now took me several goes - but I still think its dreamlike qualities go so well with late nights and drinking that the danger is you fall asleep same goes with Fear and Loathing. Both are now in my top 20

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by christine
A couple of the films I couldn't finish quite a few years ago have gone on to become my favourite films. Apocalypse Now took me several goes - but I still think its dreamlike qualities go so well with late nights and drinking that the danger is you fall asleep same goes with Fear and Loathing. Both are now in my top 20
Izo. But I got there in the end. You'll find out why next week c.