Where do you store all your movies?

Tools    

I was wondering what people used to store their movies. I hate having a bunch of DVD's laying around the house so I had decided to store all my movies onto a harddrive. Most companies do not make very cheap and sturdy enclosures that make me feel that my files are protected. I had found this company called Akitio that sell storage solutions. They look very nice and sturdy being made of aluminum has anyone ever heard about them?

I store mine on a computer.. and an external hard drive. it allows me to faster look up clips I am interested in studying and also discs inevitably go bad. scratches, etc. It's best to have a software backup so you can replace the hardware when its damaged.

and also discs inevitably go bad. scratches, etc.
Not if you look after them. I've still got DVDs from when they first came out that still work fine and dandy.

I store mine on a computer.. and an external hard drive. it allows me to faster look up clips I am interested in studying and also discs inevitably go bad. scratches, etc. It's best to have a software backup so you can replace the hardware when its damaged.
Thank you Foster I do have an external harddrive at this moment but being plastic it had broke when I had dropped it. This is why I was looking into a more durable enclosure. The company I had asked about Akitio seem to have a durable enclosure but I have never heard of them.

Your friendly neighborhood film critic
I have a 2TB external HDD, which gives me plenty of space for my fav flicks in 1080 HD.
Also, I have a huge shelf above my tv for the dvds and BR I bought throughout the time.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I have a mess of DVDs on a shelf, but I don't usually watch very much from my collection, I watch them from Netflix more often than not.

Thank you Foster I do have an external harddrive at this moment but being plastic it had broke when I had dropped it. This is why I was looking into a more durable enclosure. The company I had asked about Akitio seem to have a durable enclosure but I have never heard of them.
You can get a wireless hard drive hooked up to your network at home, this way you'll never have to handle or transport it. Should avoid having to worry about dropping it..

I know there are specific laptops meant to withstand being dropped, etc but I don't know any storage mediums in particular.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have my dvds in no particular order piled up in the corner of my bedroom.