Do you really like your job?

Tools    

It's a simple question...

Do you really like you job?

When i first joined,I was very interested...But the usual work give made me bored....Day by day,my interest became less...I think every one who are doing same work every day felt the same way i do..But i am not really lazy..

sounds like you need a more challenging job? but you also need to pay the bills. the age old conundrum. we do things we dont like ... to survive. and then in middle-age we hit a crisis, and try to pretend we can go back and re-live our youth/re-write history to be one in which we only did things we wanted to do (and succeeded at them, by the way). that is, unless you are one of those fortunate people who somehow landed in a profession/job they love.

I have a friend who is convinced that she should be working in a large corporate office in the city, while in reality, she works in a (very) small suburb office in ....the suburbs. having been there/done that, i tell her its not all that - she doesnt believe me. please - i want to work in a small suburb office, but i can only seem to land jobs in large corporations in the city. you know what i say to her? go do it. honestly, i hope she does, and im afraid that if she doesnt do it, when she's about 45 years old, she's going to start believing that life cheated her.

this is my advice to anyone who hates their job/life, or thinks that some other job/life is the job they should have:
instead of whining about it, you need to go do/live it. you may love it, but HEY - you may find in doing/living it that you absolutely HATE it, and then you can stop complaining about what live DIDNT give you, and start being thankful for what it did give you. if nothing else, youll KNOW YOURSELF.

no. you know what i think? if a person COULD do what they dream, they WOULD do what they dream. We lie to ourselves that life, or someone, is holding us back, but in reality, if we tried our hardest, we might find that we ...simply didnt make the cut ....just arent good enough.....truly dont have what it takes.

but that's not something we want to know, is it?

Hey. I speak of myself as well. I have a short list of career goals I dream about and people tell me Im really good at and that I should do, but I wont because I'm afraid....of failure. That's MY problem, and I admit it to myself. So when I'm stuck in a job I hate, I have to blame myself. It's kinda like Sliding Doors - or whatever movie Gwyneth Paltrow was in where it showed two separate tracks her life took from one moment.

sounds like you need a more challenging job? but you also need to pay the bills. the age old conundrum. we do things we dont like ... to survive. and then in middle-age we hit a crisis, and try to pretend we can go back and re-live our youth/re-write history to be one in which we only did things we wanted to do (and succeeded at them, by the way). that is, unless you are one of those fortunate people who somehow landed in a profession/job they love.

I have a friend who is convinced that she should be working in a large corporate office in the city, while in reality, she works in a (very) small suburb office in ....the suburbs. having been there/done that, i tell her its not all that - she doesnt believe me. please - i want to work in a small suburb office, but i can only seem to land jobs in large corporations in the city. you know what i say to her? go do it. honestly, i hope she does, and im afraid that if she doesnt do it, when she's about 45 years old, she's going to start believing that life cheated her.

this is my advice to anyone who hates their job/life, or thinks that some other job/life is the job they should have:
instead of whining about it, you need to go do/live it. you may love it, but HEY - you may find in doing/living it that you absolutely HATE it, and then you can stop complaining about what live DIDNT give you, and start being thankful for what it did give you. if nothing else, youll KNOW YOURSELF.

no. you know what i think? if a person COULD do what they dream, they WOULD do what they dream. We lie to ourselves that life, or someone, is holding us back, but in reality, if we tried our hardest, we might find that we ...simply didnt make the cut ....just arent good enough.....truly dont have what it takes.

but that's not something we want to know, is it?

Hey. I speak of myself as well. I have a short list of career goals I dream about and people tell me Im really good at and that I should do, but I wont because I'm afraid....of failure. That's MY problem, and I admit it to myself. So when I'm stuck in a job I hate, I have to blame myself. It's kinda like Sliding Doors - or whatever movie Gwyneth Paltrow was in where it showed two separate tracks her life took from one moment.
Couldn't agree with this more! The problem a lot of people face is just being comfortable. They don't want to leave that comfort level to go "take a chance." For whatever the reason may be (bills, fear of failure, etc)..... I think a lot of people are just "stuck" in jobs that are monotonous. They do the same thing over and over and over again. It becomes less of a challenge because you have done it a million times this year and will w doing it a million times more. It may not be the challenge that we are looking for, but more the evolving job. The job where your skills are put to the test weekly if not daily. Knowing that next week won't be the same as the past week or the week before that. To me, that would be better than doing the same task repeatedly and my only challenge is trying to figure out how to automate every single task so that I can do other things while at work.....

I like my job. Do I really like it? Like it enough to do it for the rest of my life? Nah. I work too many hours a day during which I'm doing too much strenuous mental labour for not enough pay to keep this up for the rest of my days, even if I got a raise. Now, if I make a promotion in the next 2 years, then things would be different, but as of now, I have to say "no".

Does that mean I feel like I'm asting my time doing this job? No, not quite. It's a cliché to say this, but I make enough to live a comfortable life and save a ***** ton of money each month for my standards, which'll help set me up for the remainder of my life. It's always easy to say that you WILL follow your dream when you don't have any bills to pay or a family to support. It's an entirely different thing when you do have other people to look out for.

I don't have the stones for it. I'm too much of a realist to chase my dream. I could still do it. I'm only 23... I could still move to the States, get a part-time job, join a boxing gym and hope I get noticed by a trainer who knows his *****. Then work my ass off in the gym almost every day, work my way up through the amateur ranks and finally turn pro in the hope of one day becoming a world champion. But what are the chances of me actually pulling that off? 1 %? If it's that much...

You always have other options in life. But most of the times, it's better to look before you leap instead of leaping before you look. I only did the latter once in my life and it was one of the best experiences in my life. When I went on my student exchange program to Sheffield, my mom asked me "why do you wanna do it?" I told her point blank: "I don't know... all I know is I want to do this". And maybe it's better to live life like that.

But thinking "maybe" and "what if" won't get you very far, except depressed and sad. Either do it or don't. When I will look back on your life, I doubt I'll be saying "damn, I wasted 30 years of my life on this job". I'll likely be saying "I'm so proud of what my kids have become". It's better to look forward instead of backwards. And just be content with what you have.

But I digress...

there's a frog in my snake oil
Money: Tick

Temperament: Cross

---

*EDIT*

Nah, not really. Although I mainly blame myself for getting 'comfortable' in a frequently unchallenging role and not pushing myself enough (having spent years flitting between new roles and having much more of a blast, if less cash as a rule).

I'm not interested in the roles above me, nor in all honesty in the other jobs I've gone for recently. But I also see most work as bread-and-butter stuff, with what freetime you can carve out being for arty/otherly projects. Ideally the job should keep your brain ticking over, but that's not always possible it seems. Only the lucky few making a living doing what they love (without turning what they love into something hateful )

Ach anyways, I best find something new soon, or at least do the 'mature' thing and get some consistency in my CV by returning to old trades... (coz if I'm late for this job one more time, due to profound disinterest, I will probably be receiving my P45/pinkslip. Via a kick up the arse )

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Nope. But I think some of that is my fault. I dislike doing repetitive tasks, and to me, eight hours seems like an eternity. I think I'm kind of lazy, yes. I don't like some of the people I work with, namely a guy who seems to anger and annoy pretty much everyone that works there by making fun of others, taking extra long breaks, cigarette breaks three or four times a day, and endless time outs to use his phone.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

50-50

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The job itself, yes. The added baggage, no. I assume that puts me in the same boat as most people.

I my job I meet the most wonderful people Over the 40yrs I have been doing mostly the same work I have only met a few clients i don't like, I have been very lucky that 99% of the people i have worked with I have not a problem with sooo maybe I am not the norm but i consider myself very lucky that i am not at that stage where i hate going to work yet

Hate it.

Hate the job, hate the boss, have come close to quitting several times but I can't afford to quit until I can find a new job. I need the paycheck and the health insurance.

So should all you people who are not happy in your jobs start looking for something you like you are all young and it is never to late to change or study I hate it that you are all so unhappy in your jobs as it is a big part of peoples lives

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think that most jobs available are either highly-specialized or low-paying, and I actually think the Internet is contributing to unemployment. I was watching The Apartment not too long ago, and Jack Lemmon worked in a skyscraper with over 30,000 other employees in the same company. I was thinking that company nowadays would have a couple of offices and very few employees because their jobs could be done by a handful of people with some computers.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I love my job. I love the company I work for. My boss is great. My co-workers are very cool, laid-back people.

I am one of the lucky few

http://ryanestabrooks.com
It's okay. It's not my passion (still working on that) but it's easy enough and it pays decent. I'm able to pay my bills and save up money for stuff like film & lighting equipment so in that regards, it's not so bad. But at my job, we essentially help companies manage their worker bees more efficiently, which is something I'm a little bit against morally. So for that reason, I would like to get out as soon as possible.

A system of cells interlinked
Yes

there's a frog in my snake oil
But you're your own boss aren't you Seds?

(PS Ryan good luck with the passion work )

I like my job. Do I really like it? Like it enough to do it for the rest of my life? Nah. I work too many hours a day during which I'm doing too much strenuous mental labour for not enough pay to keep this up for the rest of my days, even if I got a raise. Now, if I make a promotion in the next 2 years, then things would be different, but as of now, I have to say "no".
Funny how much things can change in not even a year's time.

What did Romney say about the workers in America? I forget, but I have this number in my head..47%