Scared much?

Tools    

What films genuinely strike fear into you?

I dont have many that do in all honesty, especially nowadays, however a few that do...

Jaws (all of them, I will not watch it alone and I will not go into the sea)
Poltergeist 1&3 (dont remember the second one)
Arachnophobia

I think those 3 because I watched them at a silly young age.

Not many tbh. I've grown up watching films that were 18 rated so I guess I was numbed to it from a young age.

A Nightmare On Elm Street freaked me out when I was a kid though, I slept with the light on for months, I was only about 8 when I saw it.... other than that though, nothing really.

A Nightmare On Elm Street freaked me out when I was a kid though, I slept with the light on for months
Because you watched it everyday for months.

The only film that's ever really scared me is The Exorcist, i saw when i was about 7 and it gave me nightmares for month. Btw if you enjoyed Potergeist 1 and 3, i'd suggest for you to watch 2 which is my favourite of the series.

Alien scared me a lot. Still quite suspenseful... although the xenomorphs have been turned into action movie fodder now, so the original idea of one nasty weird critter versus a skeleton crew of blue collars has admittedly lost its impact.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Also, The Ring. But I haven't seen it in a long time so I can't say for sure how well it holds up.
It holds up. I still have trouble sleeping after I've watched it and I've seen it 6 or 7 times.

I blame Jaws for my shark phobia. That movie scared the crap out of me.

I saw The Exorcist when I was way too young and had to sleep with my parents which I was way too old for.

Paranormal Activity is the only movie to make me actually scream.

Rosemary's Baby gave me really bad nightmares.

There are a ton of others. I scare really easily, which is why I really like horror.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Nightmare on Elm street also scared me as a kid. I still couldn't watch it alone now.

Your friendly neighborhood film critic
The Exorcist
Rosemary's Baby
Wrong Turn

And the so-called witch from Pumpkinhead 4: Blood Feud.

Oh, also Xtro was pretty scary too.

Mostly films that have something in it that could actually happen in real life - house invasion films for example creep me out - the French film Ils/Them freaked me out a lot.

Also films containing scenes of getting trapped in deep water/water cave systems - Turistas/Paradise Lost had underwater cave sequences in that really got under my skin. Deep water is a fear of mine.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1890513/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Will never watch it again. 1 time in the theater left me with 4 sleepless nights.

Unregistered User
Mostly films that have something in it that could actually happen in real life - house invasion films for example creep me out - the French film Ils/Them freaked me out a lot.

Also films containing scenes of getting trapped in deep water/water cave systems - Turistas/Paradise Lost had underwater cave sequences in that really got under my skin. Deep water is a fear of mine.
Agree with that. I dont really scare easily but some of the most thought provoking for me have been the like of Switchblade Romance/The Strangers/Funny Games etc

Although saying that, i still preferred Martyrs and The Descent.

Tell you what, looking at the UK weather and how much it changes erratically, The Day After Tomorrow freaks me out a little bit.

When A Stranger Calls creeped me out too cause I get overly paranoid when im home alone thinking there is someone in the house with me.

I am the biggest wuss you could ever live to meet haha

I am a bigger wuss! I live alone. So i normally don't watch horror movies. Probably because the link i posted above gave me such a bad experience that i don't even want to try, even though the movie may turn out to be not that scary. Dont even wanna take that risk!

For 4 days, it felt like the witch was sitting at the side of my bed. Kept turning over all the time to check if anyone was there or not.

I am a bigger wuss! I live alone. So i normally don't watch horror movies. Probably because the link i posted above gave me such a bad experience that i don't even want to try, even though the movie may turn out to be not that scary. Dont even wanna take that risk!

For 4 days, it felt like the witch was sitting at the side of my bed. Kept turning over all the time to check if anyone was there or not.
Im sorry, I proper had a chuckle then, Mr Devils Angel just looked at me like I was insane for laughing at the computer.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Not many tbh. I've grown up watching films that were 18 rated so I guess I was numbed to it from a young age.
This! I don't think I've ever been scared of movies. Arachnaphobia, mentioned by the OP definitely creeped me as a kid but I was never scared

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"