Yoda! are we all going to die????!!!

Tools    

I wonder, why it is taking so long to bring the site (forums) back...
They are back, issue was resolved around 9:30 AM ET. And technically it was only the home page, all the individual pages were accessible the whole time.

If you're still getting a redirect it's likely just a caching issue. A restart/cache clear should do it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yeah, it's fine now.

Hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) might be enough. I didn't have to clear my cache.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I put some meaningless querystring data in the logo/header links to aid with this, but it's the kind of thing that goes away by itself after a bit, too.

Restarting the phone did nothing, I'm still getting the hacker homepage.
I'm using a PC not my phone, but I had to delete my old bookmark (since it kept redirecting to the hacker page). I then googled a HoF thread title so the search results could give me a link back to the legit forums. Clicked the banner to get back to our main page, and bookmarked it again. This new bookmark works properly.

I hadn't logged in all day, but I just got in with no issues... unless all this *gestures around wildly* is the hacker website

I hadn't logged in all day, but I just got in with no issues... unless all this *gestures around wildly* is the hacker website
It's a very subtle hack. I've changed exactly two pixels, try to find them.

I'm using a PC not my phone, but I had to delete my old bookmark (since it kept redirecting to the hacker page). I then googled a HoF thread title so the search results could give me a link back to the legit forums. Clicked the banner to get back to our main page, and bookmarked it again. This new bookmark works properly.
Yeah, I imagine a lot of people have it as their home page, or a bookmark, or on "Most Visited" on a new tab page or whatnot. That might be interfering. If you copy the logo homepage link as it is now and use that that should help (it's got some numbers and nonsense at the end that changes nothing but makes browsers think it's a "new" page, so it won't use the old cached version).

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Should be short-lived, though.

The truth is in here
Right now it works. I first tried clearing for the last 24 hours and that didn't work. Then the whole week, didn't work either. First when I clicked "All time" the page reverted back to normal, though having to fill out every site I go to manually will be slightly annoying of course.

Just use this url for your MoFo bookmark
http://www.movieforums.com/community/

It works for me and it's the same one I used for years.
If someone hasn't used that before, that'll work, but I imagine some people have *that* one cached (I do).

If you want something you definitely don't have cached, the URL linked from the logo definitely won't be:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...php?v=12123121

I didn't look closely this morning, but if an http redirect was involved, I find that sometimes you have to clear the browsing history in addition to (instead of?) the browser's cache.

Do we have any sense if there was any malware on the hackers site that we might have downloaded just by going to the page? I'm just trying to think of potential issues/points of concern.

The weird thing - my "bookmark" for MoFo automatically changed to that other site in my bookmarks bar!
If I click on "Forums" it still takes me to that other site.

The weird thing - my "bookmark" for MoFo automatically changed to that other site in my bookmarks bar!
If I click on "Forums" it still takes me to that other site.
You're still getting the other site?
Might be a tracking cookie.
Do a history clearout, and make sure you tell it to bin cookies as well.
You'll need to sign into all your sites again afterward though, but it should solve the problem.