The Denim Record

→ in
Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The Viewing (2022)

A feast for the eyes and ears. The flourishes and details, the 8-track clip player and the radio dial are just two; create an environment that vibes and pulses like the soundtrack. Throw in a Peter “Supa Hoova _______ Remova” Weller monotone and you have a sensory experience unlike any other.

Panos Cosmatos is one of a few directors I would sign up for a streamer to watch an hour of content.

Violent Night (2022)

“Okay group, I love where we are going with this. Bad Santa vibes, gross out 🤮 humor and Bev D.

“Ideas for the second act?”

“Are you familiar with the story of Kevin McCallister…?

M3GAN 2023

Eat your heart out Ruxpin.

Knock at the Cabin (2023)

Leonards in cinema power-ranking

1. Bill Cosby
2. Dave Bautista

The Banshees of Inisherin (2022)

Slow year in the movies, when this is your Oscar contender.

John Wick: Chapter 4 (2023)

The part with the Justice track. Yeah.

Thank you for useful information. That can make me use the information to work in order to continue working effectively. Thank you.

Renfield (2023)

How much work would it have taken to make this good? Sure seems like a lot went into making it…

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

You can keep trying to chase the feeling you got the first time, but it only happens once.

The Machine (2023)

Supporting comedians who support comedians.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Knock at the Cabin (2023)

Leonards in cinema power-ranking

1. Bill Cosby
2. Dave Bautista
EVEN MORE PROOF! a very clever Leonard reference. niiiiiiice.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

To Leslie (2022)

Masterclass in smoking and makeup.

Extraction 2 (2023)

Like the U.S. Open, peak Father’s Day programming that may leave you in a nap-induced haze.

The Flash (2023)

Who would have thought, that lil' ol' me was impressed by a mainstream, for the normies, comic book movie?

Guilty as charged

This was a real good time. Far from purrfect and I have a list of things I could neg this movie about. But I'm not. Because it was the first comic book movie that I've seen in a while that "seemed" to play it fast and loose in the spirit of actual comics. In a type of universe where Bruce Wayne can take on a Predator in a 3-part series. That kind of film where the highs help to gloss over the lows.

The majority of the facial and *spoilers* baby *spoiled* CGI seemed to be outsourced to first year students of the local juco computer graphics program. Michael Keaton's Batman didn't quite satiate the thirst created by trailers like an ice-cold be er verage on a hot day after push-mowing a lawn uphill both ways. What I'm tryna to say, is that it is so far from purrrfect.

Can you think of something else that's not purrrrfect? I can. Army of Darkness, Weird Science, Caravan of Courage. These films have many shortcomings, but that's not what we (it's we right? we're all in this together, right? we all agree how these are special movies that should be held closely and cherished forever? right?) remember them by. We remember the moments.

I have another 5,000 w0rds, easy. But, notes. So, I'll leave it at this. As the distinguished southern gentleman that I aim to be, I had to reach back and pull out the handkerchief today. For the reason you carry it. Not for me, but for the special person that I shared this moment with, who was so touched in an instance, that she needed something to dry her eyes.

The reason I (we) go to the movies.

This post was written under the full-embrace of all grammatical errors and was in no way influenced
by the non-dairy ice cream that was smuggled in and enjoyed during the viewing of said film.

Asteroid City (2023)

Anderson’s experimental work with vvitches, vampires and mummies was all it took to convince me to drop what I was doing and catch the last train to San Fernando.

Solaris (1972)

One will never feel the warmth of true love until they embrace the cold death of space.

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning (2023)

The formula of star-power, camera work and high stakes is close to being perfected.

The Menu (2022)

But, I like S’mores!

Under the Silver Lake (2018)

Andrew Garfield tries his hand at scumbag.

[center]

" I gave' em a sword. And they stuck it in, and they twisted it with relish. And I guess if I had been in their position, I'd have done the same thing. "

Frost/Nixon (2008)
Very pleased to see this on your list, only surpassed by Apollo 11, as Ron Howard's best film, been thinking about a rewatch for awhile.