What Are You Reading Right Now?

Tools    

The Complete Works of Nostradamus (1555)

PDF download free from holybooks.com
Probably the oldest book I ever tried to read, almost 500 years old.

The Inheritance series. I'm seed-reading them, and I plan on reading at least 150 pages a day. In the case of the third book, if I increase that to 250, I'll be done in two days. But considering that tomorrow's a work day, I might have to do the three day one. Plus, when I'm "Inheritanced-out," I usually read something else. I just finished Handbook for Mortals today. :P :P :P!

The Snow Is Dirty by Georges Simenon. He's one of my favorite writers, whether it's his Inspector Maigret books or his romans durs (his "serious" novels), and this is one of his best, if not the best, book of his I've read so far, about a teenager in an unnamed city under occupation by an unnamed army, who goes on a crime spree. To be fair, I've read somewhere between twenty and thirty Simenon books and the guy wrote hundreds (with maybe around 200 having been translated into English). He was amazing, but also very dark. It's the one thing that keeps me from binge reading him for weeks on end, but I've liked or loved everything of his I've read.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Metropolis: A History of the City
by
Ben Wilson

Very nice and informative research-journey through one of the top urban spots in the mankind civilization for 5,000 years.

I just sped-read 130 pages of The Appeal by John Grisham. This is gonna be my second Grisham after The Whistler. Then I'm gonna check out a couple of his classics before returning to John Updike.

I'm re-reading F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, this book is a beautiful metaphor of the illusory American Dream.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm breezing through this crazy novel, although I'm confuddled by something I think I must have missed about midway through. It's been a long time since I've read a novel where I think about it all day and keep finding reasons to stop doing other things so I can sit and keep reading. I've got about 100 pages to go and will be sad to see it end. But I'm SO CURIOUS to see how it ends!

Wind, Sand, and Stars by Antoine Saint-Exupery.

Starting this soon...

The title caught my fancy. The synopsis is all over the place which works in its favor. Will it live up to...anything? Stay tuned.

EDIT:

Started off a bit rocky, but the House of Heorot chapter left me intrigued. I actually look forward to reading this.

I am currently reading a sign of four by conan doyle.

The Adventure Starts Here!
About halfway done with this one:

I'm also slowly making my way through this classic. This edition is a really nice, sturdy, well-made hardback edition with dust jacket.

Then I'll probably be hopping into this one: