The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

And I already revealed these in another thread, but here they are again. These are the titles that received exactly one point, and only one point. Sixteen movies that were somebody's number twenty-five choice...and that was it. They missed the cut by a lot.

The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz
The Concert for Bangladesh
The Crazies
Diamonds Are Forever
Every Which Way But Loose
Farewell, My Lovely
Fat City
The Fury
Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo
La Grande Bouffe
The Lords of Flatbush
Love at First Bite
Meatballs
Robin & Marian
Summer City
A Touch of Zen
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I know them all on the poster except for the one in bottom left with the guys face on the clock? Actually it's probably Dog Day Afternoon.

Others are: Rocky Horror, Alien, Halloween, Mean Streets, The Conversation, Blazing Saddles, Spirit of the Beehive, Aguirre, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Chinatown, The Sting, Jaws, Eraserhead, High Plains Drifter, Superman, Nashville, Apocalypse Now, Clockwork Orange, Taxi Driver, Cabaret, Saturday Night Fever, MASH, Star Wars, and Close Encounters.

That's 25. And now I see The Godfather and Paper Moon. What am I missing?

Edit: I forgot to write down Cuckoo's Nest, there we go.

Wouldn't be surprised if they all made it, but some of these could miss out, I'm not sure on the overall opinion here: Saturday Night Fever, Superman, Rocky Horror, Paper Moon, The Sting, and High Plains Drifter.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
You've put a lot of effort into this Holden, top work

Reviews

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I delved so deep into arthouse I never heard about Logan's Run. I heard about Omen, but didn't see it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Haven't seen either of the first two. And looking at those point totals and I am quite certain my #1 pick won't make the cut.

My List:
25. Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo (1 point, not on the countdown)

Hopefully Paper Moon makes it out of the ones you mentioned Daniel. I loved that movie. I also really liked High Plains Driter, i don't really care about the others but think Superman will make it at least.

Wow, great job! So much for waiting until Friday or next Monday. You must have stayed up late.

Anyhow, I had The Omen as #8 on my list, and it looks like it needed every point I gave it. I'm glad Logan's Run made it too.

Incredible layout Holden!

I haven't seen Logans Run, expected it to be higher. I don't care at all for The Omen, the whole "I did this for you Damien!" Scene was kind of creepy, that's about it though. Expected The Omen to be higher also actually.

You mean to tell me Coffy won't be on the list?

At first I thought, oooooh, this looks good so far. Two movies that actually feel like '70s movies to me. As much as I know '70s movies.

But then you go and put THE OMEN before Coffy. One of the most boring horror films ever made.

Coffy.

#10 on my list.

Between this and Yoda ruining the chances of Pumping Iron being a 1 pointer movie, we're off to a bad start.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	pam-grier-as-coffy.jpg
Views:	1791
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	16362  

A film has just popped into my head that I can't believe I didn't think of before, it definitely would have made my list.
It only took until page two for someone to remember a film they should've put on their list.

I delved so deep into arthouse I never heard about Logan's Run. I heard about Omen, but didn't see it.
I haven't seen Logans Run, expected it to be higher
Dammit, people. I know both of you have looked at my 100. I'm very disappointed in both of you.

Two down, and I already have my first pick, the wonderful Logan's Run. Yes it runs out of steam before the end (pun intended) and, yes, it's a bit dull once Peter Ustinov turns up, but, gosh darn it, before all that, it's bloody good fun and the ultimate 70's future look. Plus, sci-fi's greatest robot. Box.

Sadly, I also have my first confirmed casualty, as Coffy didn't make the list. I had it higher than I did Logan's Run, too. Nevermind. It was mentioned and it got close. This also means it looks like Foxy Brown won't make it either, seeing as people usually prefer Coffy to Foxy Brown.

Loving that you started earlier than expected, Holden. As everyone's already said, it looks great.

Great job as expected Holden. Thanks for posting the cheat sheet for your first graphic. The only one stumping me was The Consversation which is idiotic because it has only been about a year since I watched it.

Oh, dear. If Foxy Brown doesn't make the list, too.... well, I might have it on my list at #9.