Did Michael Keaton kill the 80's action hero

Tools    

You have to have a stage presence to be a WWE guy, The Rock has always had a kind of charm that translates well into the kinds of roles he plays. If anything, I’m surprised more of those guys haven’t jumped from wrestling to cheesy action movies.

This path proves that the person has stage presence and is willing to work and can follow a script and can perform exciting choreography. That does check some nice boxes.

Welcome to the human race...
The statement from the OP was "once they put Keaton in a suit with muscles added into it, that was a death nail in (Stallone's) career".

Dwayne Johnson has a massed a huge fortune in Hollywood. I'd say he's had a pretty good career, rendering Stallone's point absolutely invalid.
Ah, right. The question then becomes what exactly constitutes an '80s action hero and how well Johnson fits the mold (such as it is) - as Corax noted, there's more to that concept than just Sly and Arnold so it's a matter of determining whether Johnson is currently the exception or the rule.

Ah, right. The question then becomes what exactly constitutes an '80s action hero and how well Johnson fits the mold (such as it is) - as Corax noted, there's more to that concept than just Sly and Arnold so it's a matter of determining whether Johnson is currently the exception or the rule.
I will admit I'm out of my depth at this point. I'm not an expert on 80s action stars or wrestling!

Maybe there's a better example.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
It did take a couple of Die Hards before they got it right…

It did take a couple of Die Hards before they got it right…

Nah, they got it right the first time; the sequels are the ones that got it "wrong", if you ask me...