February - A Song Tournament For Music Lovers

Tools    

Same as was done in previous tournaments of this type.....
  • Join in and drop out as you please
  • No set number of nominations, nominate on the fly
  • Max song duration: 10 minutes
  • No individual matches means no random or host 'fixing' the matches
  • Only one nomination per person per 'round'
  • Only those with songs nominated in any 'round' are eligible to vote in that particular 'round'; except the 'Final' where all those that have previously nominated a song in the month may vote should they wish

Every couple of days will be a new 'round' where any and all newly nominated songs are up against each other. As soon as voting starts for one 'round' nominations will be accepted for the next 'round'.

Players vote by ranking all the songs in that 'round' from 1 (their favourite) to n (their least favourite). Songs will be awarded points based on their positional ranking in each vote (number of points will depend on the number of songs contesting the 'round' - if 10 songs #1 song would get 10 points, #10 song would get 1 point).

The winning song from each 'round' (or songs in the case of a tie) goes through to the 'Final' at the end of the month.

Songs that made it to previous 'finals' are ineligible -
list here  

Nominations need to be freely available to all participants, YouTube is most commonly used but any freely available and legal source is acceptable. Sometimes YouTube videos can be geo-blocked so where necessary an alternative link for those who might need it may be required. You can check if/where any YouTube vid has been geo-blocked via this website (link kindly provided by Torgo).

Simples but if any relevant questions just ask.

Up early again so people can prep noms to play if interested. Assuming there's enough want to play (minimum reqd is 6 players) ROUND 1 will open for voting at 9 a.m. GMT on February 1st - nominations for that round accepted up to that point.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Round 1:

Ozzy Osbourne w/Lemmy - Hellraiser

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

A system of cells interlinked
Round 1 NOM

Katatonia - Colossal Shade

Well, unless my math ability has deteriorated by an embarrassing degree, I make it that we already have enough of us to ensure Round 1 can kick off on Wednesday morn. Starting to think I might just have put this thread up a tad tooooooo early though

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
R!N!
Pulp - Underwear

(so early, beeshes)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A little under twenty-four hours until the needle drops if anyone else is thinking of joining Round 1.

Better slightly late than never .... welcome back one and all, let's get this shoe on the road...

1. Zeal & Ardor - Götterdämmerung
  2. Kno ft. Deacon The Villain - They Told Me
  3. The Bolshoi - A Way
  4. Josh Turner - I Wouldn’t Be A Man
  5. Ozzy Osbourne w/Lemmy - Hellraiser
  6. Pulp - Underwear
  7. Tall Dwarfs - Crush
  8. Aretha Franklin - Bridge over Troubled Water
  9. Katatonia - Colossal Shade
  10. DJ Robin & Schürze - Layla

My R2 nom:
Groundation - Nonbelievers

Round 1

1. Zeal & Ardor - Götterdämmerung
2. Kno - They Told Me (ft. Deacon the Villain)
3. The Bolshoi - A Way
4. Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
5. Pulp - Underwear
6. Tall Dwarfs - Crush
7. Ozzy & Lemmy - Hellraiser
8. Josh Turner - I Wouldn't Be a Man
9. DJ Robin & Schürze - Layla
10. Katatonia - Colossal Shade

1. Kno ft. Deacon The Villain - They Told Me
2. DJ Robin & Schürze - Layla
3. Aretha Franklin - Bridge over Troubled Water
4. Katatonia - Colossal Shade