The last two seasons were a bit on the stale side, but for the most part, ABC's Modern Family was appointment television, a superbly written sitcom with a sterling ensemble cast that delivered consistent laughs for a long time. There were a few situations revolving around the premise that I would have liked to seen addressed but never were. I secretly wished for a two part episode detailing how Jay (Ed O'Neill) and Gloria (Sofia Vergara) got together, because it was made clear early on that Gloria did not marry Jay for his money, but it would have been nice to know exactly how Jay snagged such a babe. I also wanted to see an episode that directly addressed Phil (Ty Burrell) being attracted to Gloria, though Jay was oblivious and Claire (Julie Bowen) didn't seem to care. It would have been fun to see an episode where Phil and Gloria got trapped in an elevator or something, but I learned to let these wishes go. The first hour of the finale was a nice surprise...a behind the scenes look at the show, including interviews with the cast and the writing directing teams. I wasn't expecting this and it was a lot of fun. As for the actual final episode, it was warm and funny though it did fall into a predictable trap that I see a lot with final episodes. I didn't understand the need to have all the characters move away after having been together for so long. I believe now that this might be in case they want to do spin-offs with selected characters later, but it just seemed a little contrived that everyone had to move away. The group hugs were also a little too reminiscent of the finale of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, but all in all, it was a proper send-off for a wonderfully entertaining sitcom.