My Netflix DVD queue is empty! I need some good movie recomendations!

Tools    

Keep the recommendations coming! I read about each movie you guys recommend and if I'm going to watch it in the near future, I list it on the 1st post. I might watch some of the other movies too, but that would be later on.

I need some good movie recommendations, that I will like!....and I'm picky...If you suggest a film that I might like, I'll watch it and review it on my review thread. I'm mainly looking for newer films from the 2000s on.

I generally don't watch: Hollywood block busters, animation, superhero movies, graphic violence. List of what I've watched and rated

Your guys recommendations that I'll be watching:

The Last Five Years (2014) by @gbgoodies
Thelma and Louise (1991) by @HashtagBrownies
Iron Sky (2012) by @Theophile

No interest in Make Way For Tomorrow huh...

based on your lists, what you haven't seen but should like

Padora's Box

Heaven Knows Mr Allison
Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
The Hole
The Devil and Daniel Webster
Le Samurai
The Long Goodbye
Serpico
Badlands
3 Women
Manhunter
Say Anything
Do The Right Thing
Heat
True Romance
25th Hour
The Royal Tennebaums
A History of Violence
Gone Baby Gone
Zodiac
Source Code
Looper

No interest in Make Way For Tomorrow huh...
based on your lists, what you haven't seen but should like
It sounded good. I added it to my Too Watch list. I don't know when I'll get to it though.

Padora's Box...The silent film with Louise Brooks?
Heaven Knows Mr Allison...Seen it, great film.
Source Code...Seen it, I liked it

These are interesting to me. I had The Royal Tennebaums on my watch list. I haven't heard of 3 Women or Say Anything.
The Long Goodbye (1973)
3 Women (1977)
Say Anything (1989)
The Royal Tennebaums

I though you streamed movies from Netflix?
I go in & out of streaming along with 2 DVDs at one time. There are not enough streaming movies available. Out of the 180 movies in my Q, there may only be 6 or so to stream.

Can’t believe you haven’t seen Thelma & Louise. Seen it a million times.

This is a very sweet indie movie I saw at the weekend. Really very good.

@Stirchley.

I was telling my wife about this thread she says we seen Thelma and Louise ages ago. I'm sure she's right, I have no memory! I swear after 5 years if I rewatch a movie it's like brand new to me.

Thanks for recommending Please Stand By, I was sold on it as soon as I read this at IMDB:
A young autistic woman runs away from her caregiver in an attempt to submit her manuscript to a "Star Trek" writing competition.
I'm a huge Star Trek fan and once started on a Star Trek novel. Adding it to the 1st post of movies I'm watching

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
My friend just gave me his password, but all I've found are documentaries, and have seen the rest.. "Crossfire" is a great one.

@Citizen Rules - I'd love to hear ALL about the Rashneej.. I just saw "Wild Wild Country" and think all of it could have been avoided had it not been for the tight-arsed Antelope.

I know you like history, I saw some earlier.. I'll check back, as I would like more stuff to watch, and lately I haven't had the energy to watch movies.

Thanks for recommending Please Stand By, I was sold on it as soon as I read this at IMDB: I'm a huge Star Trek fan and once started on a Star Trek novel. Adding it to the 1st post of movies I'm watching
So glad. Like I said before, I think you would like many of the movies I have posted in the last movie we saw thread. If I finish a movie - ergo, it’s good.

So glad. Like I said before, I think you would like many of the movies I have posted in the last movie we saw thread. If I finish a movie - ergo, it’s good.
I'm actually going through the Last Movie You Saw thread from page one, and getting ideas. I'm reading about most all movies posted. I can do 10 pages a day, so I figure it's going to take me like 250 days to finish this idea. So far I'm on page 27 and have found at least a dozen movies I want to watch.

...I know you like history, I saw some earlier.. I'll check back, as I would like more stuff to watch, and lately I haven't had the energy to watch movies.
I do like history, but I just realized I like lots of wacky stuff too. Just click the links to the 5 movies that I've decided to watch so far from this thread. Read the brief description at IMDB and that will tell you what strikes my fancy.

The Last Five Years (2014) by gbgoodies
Thelma and Louise (1991) by HashtagBrownies
Iron Sky (2012) by Theophile
3 Women (1977) by Siddon
Please Stand By (2017) by Stirchley

@Citizen Rules, interesting choices. Haven’t seen the 1st or the 3rd, but #4 is very good.
That's good to know. The 1st one was recommended by GBGoodies, she always seems to find movies I'll love. A movie she told me about that I though was extra special is: The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)

Have you seen that one?

Have you seen that one?
I never wanted to, for some reason. But I like the stars of this movie so am gonna put it in my Q ASAP.

I add things to "My List" but can never find them.. When I "enter" I'll see "My List", but it's definitely not complete, and underneath has to be "Trending Now" (ugh).. And if I'm searching inside a category and go left one step too much, my search is gone and I have to start from the top.

I add things to "My List" but can never find them.. When I "enter" I'll see "My List", but it's definitely not complete, and underneath has to be "Trending Now" (ugh).. And if I'm searching inside a category and go left one step too much, my search is gone and I have to start from the top.
Matt, what site are you talking about? None of that sounds familiar to me.

Matt, what site are you talking about? None of that sounds familiar to me.

Netflix - but I hear it's different depending on region. Then again, I put all the information through the TV, and never had a flat screen until a year ago.

(I can't believe my friend's mom is paying $200/month for Netflix!)

Netflix - but I hear it's different depending on region.
OK, it must be Netflix streaming? I don't have that I have Netflix DVD.com and I just click to Add to my queue. Unless they list the movie but don't actually offer it then I click Save (which does no good at all as I have over a 100 saved movies in my queue but Netflix/DVD.com will never get them in stock. I'd call that false advertising.

OK, it must be Netflix streaming? I don't have that I have Netflix DVD.com and I just click to Add to my queue. Unless they list the movie but don't actually offer it then I click Save (which does no good at all as I have over a 100 saved movies in my queue but Netflix/DVD.com will never get them in stock. I'd call that false advertising.

Maybe that's why they're BILLIONAIRES!

Unless they list the movie but don't actually offer it then I click Save (which does no good at all as I have over a 100 saved movies in my queue but Netflix/DVD.com will never get them in stock. I'd call that false advertising.
I somewhat disagree. I have about 80 or so in save & I find that, eventually, quite a few of them roll out of my save list to my regular Q. Having said that, there are old movies that have been in save forever.

I can't believe my friend's mom is paying $200/month for Netflix!
I don’t think that’s possible. Even with the most expensive dvd & streaming plans combined, one couldn’t pay more than $30 a month for Netflix. Maybe she meant the cost of multiple streaming platforms? HBO, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc., etc.

I somewhat disagree. I have about 80 or so in save & I find that, eventually, quite a few of them roll out of my save list to my regular Q. Having said that, there are old movies that have been in save forever.
Yeah, most all of my saved are old movies. When I add a brand new release it will eventually be made available.

Yeah, most all of my saved are old movies. When I add a brand new release it will eventually be made available.

Any classic movie recommendations? The 2-3 I found on Netflix yesterday were ones I saw a million times (Godfather)