Independence Day Resurgence

Tools    

Really looking forward to ID4-2!!!!

I'm a massive fan of the first movie, I was so excited for the sequel, Resurgence... I'd been waiting since 1996 for this movie and I have to say, it was a massive disappointment... The original was a much better movie, I couldn't find anything in the sequel to like or enjoy.

Can't wait to see this movie..They already killed Will Smith in this movie..So eventually he will not be in the next movie. (if there is)

Independence day resurgence totally fell short of my expectations. AM DISAPPOINTED

Independence day resurgence totally fell short of my expectations. AM DISAPPOINTED
What did you expect? I'm asking this out of sincere curiosity.

Yeah, part 2 was crap, to put it mildly. I didn't find any of the new cast members likeable. This movie seems to be typical of most Sci-Fi movies these days - too much emphasis on FX, too little on storyline.

Posting this here because there's no point starting a thread on it:

Dean Devlin has gone on record saying that the 3rd movie is now dead.
Emmerich was hopeful that they could make the movie seeing as part 2 ends on a cliffhanger, but after the reaction to the 2nd movie, Devlin and the rest of the crew have abandoned plans to produce a 3rd film.

Emmerich did say back in 2016 that it would be possible to bring part 3 to the TV, as in, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon or HBO etc.