Personality Clash Action Comedies

Tools    

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
We've all seen the story: tough guy gets paired with the quiet nerdy type fella or the squeamish girl. Any favorites?

I'd say Midnight Run and Live Free or Die Hard

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
There was that Tim Robbins movie with Martin Lawrence.
Nothing to Lose?

I would say a good example of personality/cultural clashing would be Rush Hour.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Leathal Weapon

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
We've all seen the story: tough guy gets paired with the quiet nerdy type fella or the squeamish girl. Any favorites?

I'd say Midnight Run and Live Free or Die Hard

The Hard Way (1990)

Fugitives (1989)

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
who was the nerdy one? Vietnam vet Murtaugh, or Vietnam vet Riggs?

do tv shows count? Does anyone remember this :

Does the entire trope of tsundere count?

Welcome to the human race...
I was going to nominate Hot Fuzz, though it doesn't quite fit CQ's specified definition of "tough guy/nerdy guy" - or maybe Nick and Danny do count.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
It doesn't have to be as specific as I went. I put the tough guy thing up there as an example. You guys can just name your favorites, don't worry about it counting or whatever.

A little unconventional, but the first non-obvious thing that came to my mind was The Fifth Element.

planes, trains and automobiles.