Die Hard 5

Tools    

Oh God, if Live Free or Die Hard has taught us anything it's that great franchises should stay dead.
Live Free or Die Hard was awesome

Another Die Hard, you have to be kidding right!

can't wait for that movie!

I keep thinking that they should kill John McClane at the end of A Good Day to Die Hard and thus pass the torch to his son. That would be something different and it would either end the franchise or start it in a new direction.

I don't know if they would do that, though. Bruce Willis has said he'd do one more after this. Of course, that could be a trick comment and maybe it means he'd come back in a flashback or some pre-recorded cameo (think Randy in Scream 3.) I haven't seen any rumors suggesting that John McClane is gonna die in this film.

But the film is called A Good Day to Die... (Hard)... to me it looks like a good title for a movie in which John McClane actually dies, since it's a good day to die. A good day to die for him.

Just another movie Guru
The entire character of McClain was "Wrong Place Wrong Time"

Life Free didn't seem to do that at all, and Good Day doesn't look like it's pushing that concept much further either. I'm interested in what they do with the film, and I love Willis/McClain and the series so I'll see it and enjoy it, but if it will be any good? Time will tell.

The only thing they keep nailing about this series are the titles. I love the titles.

But yeah...the fourth didn't feel like the others, at all. The moment someone hacked a jet while it was in the air, I was done with that movie. I have limits.

Anyway, this looks and feels exactly like the fourth. I'll see it barring anything short of horrendous reviews, but I'm not optimistic.

It's the same as I said in my review of it... McClane is a normal guy, a cop, who knows how to kick ass when needed. He's a human being thrown into extreme circumstances.

Die Hard 4 was just McClane being an invincible superhero with the occasional cut on his head.
It was a pretty good film in terms of technical ability. I found it entertaining but they didn't need McClane as the hero, they could have cast anyone/character in the lead and it would have given the same result.
It's a case of advertising it as a Die Hard film, just to be sure they sell the tickets at the cinema.

Just another movie Guru
It's a case of advertising it as a Die Hard film, just to be sure they sell the tickets at the cinema.

And this is what many of the movies coming from Hollywood are doing. It is the exact reason they named

"Rise of the Planet of the Apes" as a PotA movie, when the title "Rise of the Apes" would have been a superior title. But to ensure selling tickets, they went with the franchise name that everyone knew.

My brother just told me about this.

Apparently action hero retirement dies hard

Good News!! http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98805

A Good Day To Die Hard is returning to it's roots and is to be an R rating. Not sure about the rating in Britain but with an R in the US, hopefully it'll be an 18.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Whats next? Die Hard at the Old Folks home?

Plot: After a long fight with Cancer John Mclane refuses to let go and clings desperately to life whilst the long lost 3rd brother of Hans Gruber (another resident at the home), attemps to steal Mclanes possesions from his room with an elaborate heist.

Seriously should have left it at DH3. DH4 was crap.

R-Rated can be a 15 or 18 here in Britain depending on the content of the film.
Here in canada rated R is 14a.
Anyways IMO there hasn't been a "bad" Die Hard movie yet. They all have their pros and cons. I'll definitely be giving this one a chance.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm in. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I liked Live Free or Die Hard, it was a fun film, and this looks fun as well. Bruce Willis is someone I'd watch in just about anything.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I can't wait to watch Die Hard 5. The last one was awesome and this one hopefully will be. Me and the wife have already reserved the tickets.