Die Hard 5

Tools    

Way to ride it out. Like most, I love the first, and enjoy the 3rd ones. Couldn't even finish the 4th and the 2nd was just OK. Moore is a shite director judging from his track record so I can't see this being even so-so. Doubt i'll even rent it.

Die hard first was an action classic.Really loved it.I can't understand why people have this much interest in Die Hard series(Except Die Hard 1).....Die Hard 4 is watchable because of the breathtaking action...Other 2 films are average action films...But Samuel L.Jackson's performance in Die Hard with a vengeance deserves appreciation

I think you guys are waaaaay over thinking this especially for an action series. I loved the 1st one and thought the 4th one was good too. It's a good action flick, it doesn't need a whole lot of character development and plot, just needs some good explosions. The whole jet thing or the destroying a helicopter with a flying car, was great for an action sequence even if it didn't make sense. I would watch a 5th although I am skeptical about the director too.

I think you guys are waaaaay over thinking this especially for an action series. I loved the 1st one and thought the 4th one was good too. It's a good action flick, it doesn't need a whole lot of character development and plot, just needs some good explosions. The whole jet thing or the destroying a helicopter with a flying car, was great for an action sequence even if it didn't make sense. I would watch a 5th although I am skeptical about the director too.
The thing that makes the first one so great is that Willis is a real guy in a situation that never seems too far exaggerated. Because he's just a normal guy the audience can sympathize with him and it elevates the entire film. You can see this in tons of "classic" action films, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Lethal Weapon, and The Matrix for example (Neo isn't in a fantastical situation, but he reacts and behaves like a normal guy in an extraordinary place).

The films in the Die Hard series lost sight of this by turning McClane into a indestructible super-human. It's not that we're taking it too seriously, it's that the filmmakers didn't take it serious enough. They lost track of what made the original so good and so relatable for the audience. And, even when a viewer isn't conscience of the reason they enjoy an action film so much, it's still this relatability that makes the truly great films great.

Maybe, if they fire this director and get back to making John McClane a real guy again, they might make something worthwhile. But, I doubt that will happen.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Fifth "Die Hard" Gets Title & A Date

October 12th 2011

20th Century Fox has announced both an official title and release date for a fifth "Die Hard".
The John Moore-directed "A Good Day to Die Hard" is scheduled to hit cinemas on February 14th 2013 and will send John McClane (Bruce Willis) to Russia where his son's been arrested. Action ensues.
Production on the film is slated to kick off in January on-location in Russia. Skip Woods penned the script.
The fourth film, "Live Free or Die Hard", was retitled "Die Hard 4.0" in various international territories. No word as yet if that will apply again here, nor on what MPAA rating the film is targeting.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I might be way off on this, it's been a long time since I have seen the first 3 Die Hard films, but when the hell did John McClane have a son, didn't they just make up his daughter in the last one and now he's getting a son. Then again there's a good chance they have mentioned his kids in one of the other movies and I just can't remember.

From Darkhorizons.com
A Good Day To Die Hard

Liam Hemsworth ("The Last Song"), Aaron Paul ("Breaking Bad"), James Badge Dale ("24"), and D.J. Cotrona ("Dear John") have emerged as the finalists to play Bruce Willis’ son in "A Good Day To Die Hard" at 20th Century Fox.
Hemsworth is apparently the easy front runner for the part but all will undergo chemistry reads with Bruce Willis next weekend with a decision to be made soon after.

He had a son in the first film. They showed him in the family picture (I believe) and I also believe they mentioned him on the news broadcast in the film.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
John McClane has found his son

Feb 23, 2012

Live Free or Die Hard introduced us to John McClane’s daughter, and the latest instalment A Good Day To Die Hard will introduce us to his son, Jack. The role has been sought out by many, but Deadline is reporting that Jai Courtney has landed the role. It was a big role to cast as it’s reported that his son will possibley takeover the franchise after this film, but the question remains if fans will accept a Die Hard film without Bruce Willis, or at least a reoccuring character with Willis.
A Good Day To Die Hard will take John McClane to Moscow, Russia as he and Jack work together to survive.

- From a Die Hard 5 screen test.

Never heard of this actor before, but looks like a good choice.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
What to do with aging action stars? Team them up with the hot new young actors. Sort of like way back when seeing Bob Dylan w/ Tom Petty

...just for the record, still love ya Bruce

I actually loved Live Free or Die Hard it had ridiculously non realistic parts but I enjoyed it & would probably enjoy another!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Two More Ready To "Die Hard"

May 15th 2012

Amaury Nolasco ("Prison Break") and Megalyn Echikunwoke ("House of Lies") have joined the supporting cast of John Moore's "A Good Day to Die Hard" at 20th Century Fox reports Variety.

Bruce Willis and Jai Courtney as John McClane and his estranged son Jack who take on Russian villains. Cole Hauser, Sebastian Koch and Yulia Snigir co-star.

Nolasco will play Willis' friend early in the film, Echikunwoke's role us unknown. Shooting is currently underway in Europe ahead of a Valentine's Day 2013 release. Alex Young is producing.
So the Russians are the Villains in this, weren't the Russians the villains in another Die Hard, I know we have done Germans but can't remember 100% about the Russian thing.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Beat me to the punch again with another trailer!!!! First one was Lone Ranger.

Also, I can't believe there are 5 Die Hard movies.

Suspect's Reviews