The Sci-Fi Slob's Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

Didn't care for Dust Devil, though I've not seen it since it came out on video. Dream Warriors is, of course, brilliant. Far too low, too. I don't care what you've got coming up, there's no way you have that many better horror films coming.

Feast (2005)

Fun, gory, and damn right ridiculous, with more cheesy one-liners than a Schwarzenegger film.

Stir of Echoes (1999)

A great and very underrated psychological horror thriller.

Critters (1986)

An 80's classic. Must have watched it 500 times, I wore a few VHS tapes out.

Event Horizon (1997)

One of the best Sci-Fi horrors ever made. It's like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck produced this? dafuq? OK, now I'm curious, I have to see this movie.
Fire walk with me.

Orphan (2009)

Creepy and original little thriller. The big twist at the end was completely unexpected and very convincing .

The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

One of the best horrors of the last ten years in my opinion, so ridiculous it's good!

I'm with cricket. Orphan is very underrated. Cabin in the Woods isn't - I like that film, but people definitely overhyped it a bit. It doesn't bother me that much though because it is a good film.

Here to learn. And judge silently.
Oh man. See, I adored Cabin in the Woods. I would've put it even higher.

Let the night air cool you off
I hated the first half of Cabin in the Woods, but as soon as those doors open up it turns into a really fun movie. Just that first half was bad.

Haven't seen Orphan.