Great Performance - Small Role

Tools    

So many good movies, so little time.
I liked:

Liam Neeson - Gangs of New York (2002)
Jack Nicholson - A Few Good Men (1992)

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Watch Wilford Brimley in Absence of Malice (1981), a perfect blueprint for how a good actor in a well-written role can steal a whole movie with but one scene and less than ten minutes of screentime.

In a more recent film, check out Paul Sorvino in The Cooler (2003). He only has one scene, but you know absolutely everything about his life in a couple minutes.

For a one-scene film-stealer who hits one out of the park in a comedic vein, look at Jonathan Hadary in Intolerable Cruelty (2003). In the courtroom scene, he is a fall-down hoot as Heinz the Baron Krauss von Espy, the puffy concierge of The Red Trousers, and Marylin Rexroth's Tenzing Norgay.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Radioactive Spider Blood
Will Ferrell as Mustafa in the first two Austin Powers movies.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
For a one-scene film-stealer who hits one out of the park in a comedic vein, look at Jonathan Hadary in Intolerable Cruelty (2003). In the courtroom scene, he is a fall-down hoot as Heinz the Baron Krauss von Espy, the puffy concierge of The Red Trousers, and Marylin Rexroth's Tenzing Norgay.
Good call. If I hadn't seen the film, though, I'd have probably assumed that someone had slathered your hands in novocaine mid-sentence.