New DVDs

Tools    

Originally Posted by Zeiken
I would have bought a couple more, but Walmart's widescreen selection is horribble.
Wal-Mart's widescreen DVDs are accidental. Their company policy is to stock pan&scan product whenever possible. Same thing for Blockbuster. They are evil.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Wal-Mart's widescreen DVDs are accidental. Their company policy is to stock pan&scan product whenever possible. Same thing for Blockbuster. They are evil.
may god have mercy on their souls.

The Wal-Mart I go to has been tossing their pan&scans into discount bins and stocking more widescreen… from what I heard, they were losing money in DVD sales...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Zzat
And By The Way How Many Disc is the New Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas DVD??? Cause it cost alot??
Are you talking about the Criterion Collection F&LLV? If so, all criterion collection dvds are usually pretty expensive. The only semi-cheap way to get them that I know of is on EBay.

Just a quick question for you guys. Do you use any programs on your computer to track dvds like DVDProfiler?

Also, any great sites or tricks that you know of for getting cheap dvds?

Oh, and last DVD I bought...

because my previous one had the first dvd skip half way through. Shoulda got it off ebay or something, cause I had to pay $50 for it.

Radioactive Spider Blood
Just bought these yesterday:

Family Guy, Volumes 1 and 2
The Manchurian Candidate
Saving Private Ryan
Major League
Mars Attacks!
Dr. Strangelove

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Once Upon A Time In The West
The Manchurian Candidate
LA Confidential
Sopranos Series 3

You ready? You look ready.
Just bought The Other Side of Heaven. Very good film. Great family flick.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Is the special edition for Manchurian Candidate worth buying it again?

found this collection for $60 canadian, great buy considering I spent $90 for the volume 1 for fewer movies (although most of his classics are in vol1)

Didnt see most of his Movies so i would'nt know but Modern Times was funny

Originally Posted by Tolstoy
Is the special edition for Manchurian Candidate worth buying it again?
The new Manchurian Candidate disc is definitely a special edition. The best feature is an audio commentary track with the late Frankenheimer, previously only available on LaserDisc. It's got good info and moves along well. The other features are an eight-minute or so on-camera discussion with Frankenheimer, Sinatra and George Axelrod - recorded in the late '80s when the flick was finally re-released, new interviews with Angela Lansbury and Peter Bogdanovich, and the theatrical trailer. If all that sounds appetizing, yeah, it's worth it.

The Hidden Fortress: Criterion Collection
The Wild Bunch: Director's Cut

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The new Manchurian Candidate disc is definitely a special edition. The best feature is an audio commentary track with the late Frankenheimer, previously only available on LaserDisc. It's got good info and moves along well. The other features are an eight-minute or so on-camera discussion with Frankenheimer, Sinatra and George Axelrod - recorded in the late '80s when the flick was finally re-released, new interviews with Angela Lansbury and Peter Bogdanovich, and the theatrical trailer. If all that sounds appetizing, yeah, it's worth it.
I will definitely pick it up then. I just watched Manchurian Candidate again today with some friends, and its amazing how new the movie is every time you watch it. Some how I have seen the movie umpteen times and Im still left guessing and with the same look of astonishment over some of the scenes all the while laughing my ass off and saying "OMG, Sinatra kicking ass, this is heaven" during his all-too-legendary fight scene.

Originally Posted by Garrett
The Hidden Fortress: Criterion Collection
The Wild Bunch: Director's Cut
Two of the most important dvds anyone will ever have in their dvd collection.

Something seems really screwed up with the reply screens on this new layout. The left side seems to stretch forever and looks very out of place.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I saw The Hidden Fortress a while back, and i think you recommended it Garrett, so cheers for that, it's classy.

Just got some sillier kung fu stuff recently - Mr Vampire and Knockabout are both above average. Worth a look.

Was just enjoying some of the extras on The Meaning of Life SE last night (it's stuffed with stuff). Love the way those Pythons squabble . It gave some nice insight into why the film is so unfocused, and the way their divergent personalities both helped and hindered their writing.

Best bits: Terry Gilliam giggling like a madman about going massively overbudget and overboard while directing the pirate-accountants sketch; Terry Jones directing in a dress; Michael Palin going off on a tangent about John Cleese having no arsehole.

It's a very sloppy film overall, but damn some bits are still funny. The Protestant family is perfection.

---

Yeah, i see what you mean about the reply screen Tol. I didn't notice it on other threads tho.

Annie Hall (d. Woody Allen, 1977)
City of God (d. Fernando Meirelles, 2002)
Once Upon a Time in the West (d. Sergio Leone, 1968)

Radioactive Spider Blood
The Godfather Trilogy
North by Northwest

Hmmmm
Theres a Marvel Box Set that Contains X-Men, X2, DareDevil, and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Wheres Spider-Man!? This Box Set is Called Super Heroes Collection. Release Date: Unknown

Daredevil 1.5 Director's Cut is coming out too probably the same date as Super Heroes Collection. Release Date: Unknown
Attached Images

Blade Runner Special Edition is coming out anyone getting that?

and Starsky and Hutch comes out today

Originally Posted by Zzat
Blade Runner Special Edition is coming out...
No it isn't.

The BladeRunner SE has been announced and basically finished since 2002/2003. It is not being released due to a series of complicated rights issues. Until those are settled, this package will not be on the market. There have been no further announcements in a long time. This one could carry on for a couple more years in the courts.

So yes, whenever it comes out, of course I'll be getting it. But it isn't coming out any time soon.

New Star Wars Cover. I Guess Lucas is trying to have them like the same
These New DVDs are released 9/21.

And Spider-Man 2 is released Nov. 21, 04
Attached Images

Last two I picked up were:

Hedwig And The Angry Inch
Gummo

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10