Who Is This Character?

Tools    

Hello everyone.

Decades ago there was a movie, a comedy, which had a character in it whose hand kept flying up to his neck and choking him. I can't remember if it was the left hand or right hand. My recollection is that the character was played by an actor who started on Saturday Night Live. I don't think the character is Dr. Evil, who (I think) wasn't known for choking himself. I think the character was a military man, possibly confined to a wheelchair.

Thanks so much.

This guy?

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I honestly don't know. He looks somewhat familiar. Did this character keep trying to choke himself?

What is the name of the character, and what actor played him? Also, what movie?

(The more I look at him, the more I think he's the guy.)

Strangelove. Strange highs. Strange lows.

I'm not a movie buff. I need the character name, actor name, and movie name. Thanks so much.

Okay, I just did some research. It appears that is the character -- Dr. Strangelove played by Peter Sellers. How often did the character actually try to choke himself in the film?

Never mind. I have all the info I need. I can finish my poem now. Thanks for your help.