Heroes

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Sylar hardly seems like a super villain at all. He just murders people, he has no grand scheme.

Ya gotsta scheme to be a super villain.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Keep watchin'
Well either you're reading heavy on the spoilers or you were at the recent Paley event in CA, otherwise we've all seen the same episodes. He certainly has motivation, but all the same he is still just as threatening as any thug off the street. At the end of the day, how is he any scarier than a standard serial killer? If anything, I'd wager he is less because of his powers.

So because the only shows i really watch are Heroes and Lost, both of which can be watched online, so i cancelled cable a few months ago. No new episode was uploaded to the website this week though- is there a break?

Anyways there hasnt been any chat about the Linderman appearance in last week's episode. I think its interesting where they are going with Nathan- especially the idea of the presidency. I dont believe for a second, though, that Linderman would let him live after Nathan threatened his life.

As for Sylar- i think the guy they got to play him is the best on the show. I hope he isnt just a first season villan though, and will come back.

Beware The Probe!
Holy geez...

All this time and I never even knew there was a TV section on this forum...?
(Thx for the heads-up, Destiny)

For anyone not caught up in the pure awesomeness that is Heroes NBC.com is showing all 18 episodes online again like they did during the last hiatus.
(not available to us Canadian viewers though)

Holy geez...

All this time and I never even knew there was a TV section on this forum...?
(Thx for the heads-up, Destiny)

For anyone not caught up in the pure awesomeness that is Heroes NBC.com is showing all 18 episodes online again like they did during the last hiatus.
(not available to us Canadian viewers though)
You are very welcome. I always wondered why I never saw you in certain TV threads around here.
Thanks for letting me know about this show. I have been meaning to catch it, and finally can.

Well either you're reading heavy on the spoilers or you were at the recent Paley event in CA, otherwise we've all seen the same episodes. He certainly has motivation, but all the same he is still just as threatening as any thug off the street. At the end of the day, how is he any scarier than a standard serial killer? If anything, I'd wager he is less because of his powers.
youre right, Sylar is not yet powerful enough to launch a grand scheme, to lets say, rule the world...but you have to remember, he has only recently attained these powers, and his goal right now, is to build his powers...think of him as Lex Luther without any money, he has to build his wealth before he gets bigger goals

now...whats does everyone think (if you know, spare us your spoilers) will happen between Sylar and Peter???

I think it has to end in one of two ways...Peter will use his regeneration powers to prevent Sylar from scalping him, or he could use the powers right back at him and start scalping Sylar...

ps - now that Sylar and Peter have met again, will Peter now hold the new powers Sylar has??? making Peter more powerful since Peter still has invisibility and regeneration

Horrorphiliac

youre right, Sylar is not yet powerful enough to launch a grand scheme, to lets say, rule the world...but you have to remember, he has only recently attained these powers, and his goal right now, is to build his powers...think of him as Lex Luther without any money, he has to build his wealth before he gets bigger goals

now...whats does everyone think (if you know, spare us your spoilers) will happen between Sylar and Peter???

I think it has to end in one of two ways...Peter will use his regeneration powers to prevent Sylar from scalping him, or he could use the powers right back at him and start scalping Sylar...

ps - now that Sylar and Peter have met again, will Peter now hold the new powers Sylar has??? making Peter more powerful since Peter still has invisibility and regeneration

You're getin' to carried away over my little statement. Calm down.

You're getin' to carried away over my little statement. Calm down.
calm down? hmmmm...not really sure how you arrived at that conclusion, maybe you took a wrong turn somewhere

He'd have to use a little bit of both since it ended with Peter's scalp already beginning to be cut. The only way I can see him getting away from Sylar would be use anything he acquired to at least buy him the time to get them both out of there.

Peter needs time to practice these skills so I'm thinking some of them will perhaps surprise him now and again. And if anyone ever watched 'Smallville' then I'm thinking like what Clark went through for example with his heat vision or x-ray vision that will similarly happen to Peter.

Beware The Probe!
Given enough practice time Peter shpuld be able to pwn Sylar easily since he has all Sylar's powers as well as all the ones he's already absorbs himself that Sylar doesn't have.

The one thing I don't get is how easily Sylar seems to be able to adapt to his new abilities while Peter has required lots of practice.
Sure, Sylar's primary power was 'knowing how things work' so he may have been able to adapt to new abilities easily but Peter should also have this ability after first meeting Sylar.

From the
for episode 19 it looks as though Peter telekeneticly drives Sylar up into the ceiling after he puts on his 'mad-face'.

I think he was only caught off-guard by Sylar last time and maybe a lil afraid when Sylar used his 'scarey-voice' on him.

Peter will win the fight and then Sylar will probably go on a mad brain-eating rampage to build up enough powers to return for his ultimate prize: Peter's brain. Peter has what would probably be considered Sylar's dream power and you just know Sylar is gonna be wanting that once he realizes what Peter can do.

The one thing I don't get is how easily Sylar seems to be able to adapt to his new abilities while Peter has required lots of practice.
Sure, Sylar's primary power was 'knowing how things work' so he may have been able to adapt to new abilities easily but Peter should also have this ability after first meeting Sylar.
I think one reason Sylar can control them better is sort of what you said, its in his personality to be able to maintain control (not necessarily a "power")...and also...Sylar takes these powers, knowing what they are and what they can do...Peter absorbs these powers unknowingly so it makes sense why he can't control them the way Sylar does

Beware The Probe!
Here's a little recap and taste of things to come.
The last half of this clip reveals a glimpse of Linderman's super-power.

Technically a spoiler but I didn't find it anything that will really ruin much. Ignore it if you prefer total spoiler-free Heroes.

Beware The Probe!
Here's another spoiler clip of the first two minutes from the opening for the next episode if anyone wants to see it.

Also...
Hayden Gets Punk'D

Beware The Probe!
ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!!!!

Anyone else excited as me?

Six scenes for the next ep...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10321
At a minute to two for each one, you're not spoiling much by watching but it's your call.