The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Suspiria is good always been a good watch for me and didn't care for Brazil at all when I've watch it 4 years ago

A system of cells interlinked
Brazil is one of the most polarizing films around, methinks. The epitome of a love it or hate it film...

Argentine is great at the time. Idk if 12 apes would also make it this occasion, but talk terry gilliam right now my mind is on the frame with munchausen, which impossible.
Fear loathing is good ride, but i think kinda swallowed by the test of time. Those are still his best streak as filmmaker, perhaps.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Plus, you know, "Seal" has more than one meaning! I call bullsh*t!

Well played.
Is that asterisk typographical? colon uppercase d2.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I particularly like being able to skim through the thread for list entries, which can be very hard under the usual inside-a-normal-post format.
Will you not also be linking them in the second post?

Will you not also be linking them in the second post?
I probably will, just being a tiny bit lazy about it at first while I probably imagine a technological/automated solution and then decide it's too elaborate and do it by hand in the end anyway.

Yup. One person had it 2nd, and two had it 3rd.

Good example of that thing I mentioned awhile back, about how this format disproportionately rewards slightly more polarizing classics, since it's common for even the top film to be on just a minority of ballots at all, anyway.
I guess I shouldn’t be surprised knowing RTers/Corrie folks. The only thing they love more than friggin Suspiria is friggin Cat People. 😂😂😂

Suspiria is a film that didn't really left a mark to me. The thing i can remember vaguely probably the loud soundtrack and some interesting visual play.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I wouldn't have thought to predict either Brazil or Suspiria being in the top 100, yet at the same time I am not surprised in the least to see them. I like both of them, with some reservations about each. Did not vote for either.

Predictions:

#98 The Hunt
#97 The Terminator

I wouldn't have thought to predict either Brazil or Suspiria being in the top 100, yet at the same time I am not surprised in the least to see them. I like both of them, with some reservations about each. Did not vote for either.

Predictions:

#98 The Hunt
#97 The Terminator
I doubted if Jagten aka The Hunt will make the list.

Predictions:

#98 The Hunt
#97 The Terminator

I'll play:

#98 Harold & Maude
#97 Testament

98. Dogma
97. The Searchers

You can all revise your predictions when I post a hint later today, of course (just giving people on the coast a few more hours to wake up and react and stuff before shoving all that off the latest page).

The Seventh Seal didn't make the countdown? Wow, either the countdown has lots of really solid great movies, or too many popcorn movies.

The first two entries are respectable. I haven't seen Suspiria, I have seen Brazil and my review IS LINKED to the Presentation Post by Yoda. Go read my review! I just fixed some typos

Awesome looking presentation Yoda!
Very clean and efficient...I like it!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I doubted if Jagten aka The Hunt will make the list.
I was trying to think of something that might be popular with just 3 people for this end of the list.

@Citizen Rules Almost certainly the latter

BTW, one of the movies we'll see later this week is, if my query is correct, the only film on the countdown that has NO reviews of it. So if one of you figures out what it is and writes a review of it, the link for that one will link directly to it.

Happy hunting.

I was trying to think of something that might be popular with just 3 people for this end of the list.
I love Jagten... a great story, solid directing and big fan of Mads and Thomas Bo Larsen and who do you think told @neiba about it?!?!