Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
People will like this for the wrong reasons...
Eh, beats hating it for the wrong reasons.

Terminator SJW is a watchable but insulting film. Pretty much anytime a female is on screen she's either a lead, or in position of authority. If a guy is on screen he's a victim or an ahole...it's distracting. The good news is Linda Hamilton is very good in this...she actually has a personality she's not just a female who exists to tell other people what to do (like the other two female leads). It would be nice if they called Grace a cyborg and not "advanced". Miller does a great job with the action set pieces I was worried the film would look cheap and the money just went to Arnie, Linda, and Cameron. The film has two horrible moments of CGI/makeup usage (someone needs to be old another needs to be young they both fail).

Actually thinking about the film they made numerous mistakes...instead of trying to copy Wonder Woman or Ghost Busters. They should have looked at Kong Skull Island and had a large body count of disposable characters. I mean what was the reason that only one person needs to come back from the future to save the lead.

(maybe 2.77)
Yeah, if only there was a movie where the men weren't victims or a-holes. Someday...

But seriously, I figure that there's some limitation that means only one individual can come through at a time like issues with power or the sphere being so small. In any case, I don't think disposable characters are the answer (especially not with Kong: Skull Island as a reference point since even the non-disposable characters in that were limited on account of having to share screen-time with the disposable ones).

Men in Black -

too bad they never made any sequels huh

Xin Su shi jian [Shinjuku Incident] (Tung-Shing Yee, 2009)

Fairly entertaining at times but patchy and doesn't always flow that well

Dora and the Lost City of Gold (2019)

Hollywood teaching how money is bad
It's at its best when it goes little mad
Watched this just for a girl named Moner
She's really hot and sure gives me...

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Danger Close (Kriv Stenders, 2019)
One of the most important military events in Australian history was the 1966 Battle of Long Tan, in which an outnumbered Australian/New Zealand faction led by Major Harry Smith took on the North Vietnamese in the jungles of Long Tan. It is rare in recent years to see a good war epic with historical accuracy and this one is well done for an indie film. Travis Fimmel is excellent in the role of the embittered Smith with great support by Luke Bracey as Sgt. Bob Buick and the great Daniel Webber as Pvt. Large, who throughout the mission finds himself constantly at odds with his superior, Smith. Very tense and the battle scenes are well done, using weapons and choppers that were actually used in the original battle. This is definitely one war film worth checking out.

Lovelace 7.5/10

Seyfried was lovely.

A Young Man With High Potential (Linus de Paoli, 2018)
+
He's certainly no dwarf but can't honestly say the lead looked particularly tall to me

After nuclear fallout has rendered most of the population infertile those who are still able to "do it" on are considered extremely valuable. Sam Hell (Rowdy Roddy) is still very fertile. Well, early in the film the Govt. captures Sam, drains him of his precious bodily fluids, decide he's now expendable and send him to Frogtown. Frogtown is, obviously, a colony of mutant frog people created from the fallout. The folks in Frogtown have captured several fertile women and the humans want them back. Sam's mission, should he choose to accept it, is to save the captured women. This movie is a bit bonkers. If your into bad sci/fi, b-movies give it a whirl. The only thing that bugged me a bit is the main Heroine at times looks a bit too much like a young Junior from the Sopranos (gotta ditch them glasses)

Cemetery Without Crosses (1969)

Quite bleak spaghetti western. I usually prefer more direct revenge but this works OK in the end. Quite heavy Leone influences (which isn't bad) and pretty nice soundtrack as well. Not in the same league with Leone or The Great Silence but above average none the less.

ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP
(2019)

FRACTURED
(2019)

DOLEMITE IS MY NAME
(2019)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Lovelace 7.5/10

Seyfried was lovely.
Gorgeous figure.

Hell of a good Netflix documentary. British identical twins, one of whom loses his memory after an accident at age 18. Finds out 30+ years later from his twin that their mother was a pedophile who pimped them out to friends & relatives when they were between 6 & 14 years old.

Unregistered User
That's a shame. I liked it. Thought it was funny and looked gorgeous.

Is that Almodovar's first?

Yeah, was disappointed in that one. Just didn't grab me, had issues with the pacing. Shame.

WHIDTDT isn't Almodovar's first, is that what you mean? Cant remember if you like him? I never really was a fan before, think took me a while to grasp his humour but really starting to like him.