No Time to Die (James Bond 25)

Tools    

Specter was a waste. I waited years to see Monica Bellucci as Bond Girl and I was so disappointed! Don't get my hopes high for this one. These days, Hollywood can no longer make good James Bond films.

Specter was a waste. I waited years to see Monica Bellucci as Bond Girl and I was so disappointed! Don't get my hopes high for this one. These days, Hollywood can no longer make good James Bond films.
U mean after skyfall, yes i agree, but this cannot be as bad as spectre, that is for sure

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Why didn't they just make Monica Belucci the main Bond girl? Her and Craig had much more chemistry in five minutes, compared to Craig Léa Seydoux, who were so flat in comparison?

Why didn't they just make Monica Belucci the main Bond girl? Her and Craig had much more chemistry in five minutes, compared to Craig Léa Seydoux, who were so flat in comparison?
Monica is an old gal , lea is young, my opinion on this

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235017724/
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...no-time-to-die

They're already selling tickets for this movie - the premiere is next Thursday - I was planning to go, but after these articles, I'm going to spend the money buying an old Samurai movie on DVD. Honestly, it sounds and looks as bad as the new "He-Man" show. I don't know why Hollywood is destroying all the traditional franchises with this cultural Marxism appropriation. I watch Bond for style, cars, sexy girls and action. I couldn't care less about the Nomi character struggled with her weight in the past or be having problems with a boyfriend or be on her freaking period!!!

You ready? You look ready.
Bond is a product of his past, so I fail to see why that would be an issue with a female counterpart. Like women are shaped by their past, too.

Women are more than sex.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I heard on the interwebs this thing needs a BO total of roughly $900 mil just to break even. I'm sure with streaming and everything it is doable, but, good lord.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Monica is an old gal , lea is young, my opinion on this
But a lot of people complain about how they don't like how Bond is older and the women are younger, so wouldn't making Belucci the main Bond girl, have solved that issue a lot of people have?

But a lot of people complain about how they don't like how Bond is older and the women are younger, so wouldn't making Belucci the main Bond girl, have solved that issue a lot of people have?
wait are u serious? i was hoping Henry Cavill to be james bond. hes perfect

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235017724/
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...no-time-to-die

They're already selling tickets for this movie - the premiere is next Thursday - I was planning to go, but after these articles, I'm going to spend the money buying an old Samurai movie on DVD. Honestly, it sounds and looks as bad as the new "He-Man" show. I don't know why Hollywood is destroying all the traditional franchises with this cultural Marxism appropriation. I watch Bond for style, cars, sexy girls and action. I couldn't care less about the Nomi character struggled with her weight in the past or be having problems with a boyfriend or be on her freaking period!!!
It's interesting you say this, since we just had a lengthy exchange on the idea of a female Bond in another thread I'm currently running. Anyway, at any rate, what would be so wrong about making the female characters in a Bond movie more relatable, or making the franchise as a whole more sensitive? I mean, it's not like those articles confirmed that those details would make it into No Time To Die, just that it could be believable that a female character in it could concievably have those problems...

It's interesting you say this, since we just had a lengthy exchange on the idea of a female Bond in another thread I'm currently running. Anyway, at any rate, what would be so wrong about making the female characters in a Bond movie more relatable, or making the franchise as a whole more sensitive? I mean, it's not like those articles confirmed that those details would make it into No Time To Die, just that it could be believable that a female character in it could concievably have those problems...
I've always wanted my Bond to be more sensitive. I hope he cries more then he shoots guns in this one.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Finally saw this. It was pretty mediocre. There are flashes of brilliance in there (the extended stairwell fight scene near the end is quite good), but it's overly long to no real benefit, and most of the action set pieces are not particular memorable or impressive. I applaud, without venturing into spoilers, some of the stuff they were trying to do, but it came at the cost of some things that are, to my mind, indispensable about Bond and got short shrift from that focus shift.

That said...

I have to admit, Bellucci seems like she was engineered in a lab to be a Bond girl. Eva Green too for that matter.
...you can add Léa Seydoux to this list.