MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2021 - Regular Season

Tools    

If you treat Marte and Springer as equivalent (traded for each other, drafted within a handful of picks), this makes my 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th round picks out for the moment.

Yeah... this is crazy. Last year pitchers were dropping like crazy. This year it seems to be position players. A lot of guys out of shape after the covid year I guess? Crazy.

A system of cells interlinked
Dont look at it as a major error, look at it as a hypothetical trade we made where I gave you Kenta Maeda. There, thats better now isn't it?
*Looks at Maeda's stats*

Yeah... this is crazy. Last year pitchers were dropping like crazy. This year it seems to be position players. A lot of guys out of shape after the covid year I guess? Crazy.
That's my theory, though more "being a baseball player requires insane and consistent conditioning" rather than anyone being, like, actually out of shape. In most cases at least.

Probably some other stuff, too.

If you treat Marte and Springer as equivalent (traded for each other, drafted within a handful of picks), this makes my 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th round picks out for the moment.
Okay Rizzo avoided the IL, just 1st/3rd/5th. EZ.

Thank goodness they messed with the seams again, in the other direction.

The Three True Outcomes stuff is gettin' silly. They gotta do something. But not what they've been doing.

That's my theory, though more "being a baseball player requires insane and consistent conditioning" rather than anyone being, like, actually out of shape. In most cases at least.

Probably some other stuff, too.
"I ain't a athlete, lady. I'm a baseball player."

The trick is not minding
Alonso on the IL now.
Today we guess who’s next on Yoda’s team to join the IL!

Will a pitcher be next? Will be a starter or reliever? Turn in tomorrow to witness his chagrin!

Eh, depends on much. Two bad starts can still jump the whole thing by a third of a run.

The thing I always have to remind myself is just how long the season is. Even if a few days can't swing something, it's kind of amazing how much rate stats can change in just 2-3 weeks if a team's performing consistently well (even if not amazingly so).

I've been going without a shortstop. Probably screwing myself
I've thought about going without a catcher before, and have done so for short stints. But I guess since we do four counting stats and only two rate stats for hitters, it's probably better to have somebody in there....

Yeah, I'd say it's fine in little stints, particularly at catcher, but there are enough productive shortstops out there that it's probably gonna be a net loss pretty quickly.