New FANTASTIC FOUR movie... whyyyyyyyy??????

Tools    

There is one good Fantastic 4 movie - It's called The Incredibles

But seriously, when will they just hand the rights over to Marvel who have shows us they can make a viable franchise out of anything (except the Hulk, why is that?)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

But seriously, when will they just hand the rights over to Marvel who have shows us they can make a viable franchise out of anything (except the Hulk, why is that?)
I actually liked the later Hulk.. not Ang Lee's, that one was a mess.. but the one with Norton I thought was great

I actually liked the later Hulk.. not Ang Lee's, that one was a mess.. but the one with Norton I thought was great
I thought the 2008 one was OK but compared to the MCU films it would probably be in the bottom half for me

I thought the 2008 one was OK but compared to the MCU films it would probably be in the bottom half for me
I grew up watching the Hulk on TV so to get all those nostalgic nods to the old series elevated it a bit for me, and on top of that it meshes well with the MCU and a lot of the ongoing stuff is indirectly related to the Hulk.. (Super soldier serum going to other people, the program never having been dropped, General Ross becoming a player in the later states of the universe etc)

MC for the Great Underground Circus

As a standalone, the Hulk is a difficult movie to do. People are more aware of him being a raging beast, however in the comics he has intellect. It would be kind of weird showing him on screen all hulked out having a deep convo with anyone.

The only good part of the Ang Lee movie for me was when the Hulk runs on the desert. That scene was great.

Also of interest, that Ang Lee decided to go with the "father trauma" to explain the beast. But overall the movie was a let down.

This is one of the major reasons I can't get behind anything Marvel, whether Fox or Sony is making them, or not.

Hulk got messed up, so they rebooted with Norton, then had to recast again when Norton decided he didn't want to share screen-time with anyone else. So that's technically on it's 3rd incarnation within a decade.
Spider-Man is now on his 3rd incarnation in a decade.
X-Men keeps changing actors and screwing with the timeline.
The Punisher had a 2004 movie and 2008 movie, with different actors.
Ghost Rider had 2 movies, both of which were panned and future development has been shelved.

And now, Fantastic 4 or as I like to call it after Tranktastic's Fant Four Stick is now on a 3rd incarnation within a decade. Again.

Films based on Marvel have proven they can be fun and money making when done right.
They just hardly ever get it right.

This is one of the major reasons I can't get behind anything Marvel, whether Fox or Sony is making them, or not.

Hulk got messed up, so they rebooted with Norton, then had to recast again when Norton decided he didn't want to share screen-time with anyone else. So that's technically on it's 3rd incarnation within a decade.
Ghost Rider had 2 movies, both of which were panned and future development has been shelved.

And now, Fantastic 4 or as I like to call it after Tranktastic's Fant Four Stick is now on a 3rd incarnation within a decade. Again.

Films based on Marvel have proven they can be fun and money making when done right.
The MCU has been doing a pretty good job with them [except Thor... I don't care for Thor, but am curious to see what they'll do with Hulk]

Fantastic 4 [the first 2 movies] were... meh?
Fant4stic.... GAWD HELP US!!!!
X-men... I saw the first one in theater. I didn't like the 3rd, don't care for Wolverine, Days of Future Past was interesting, Quicksilver scene was great.

Now Deadpool... fun to watch once, maybe 2 times.

Most of what you cited happened outside the MCU which has an overseer to keep everything straight, besides Norton not playing well with others and requiring a recast, but what are you gonna do... I iked Norton better as Banner, but Ruffalo has done great with the part so it's not a big deal... Rhodey was also recast in the iron man series and I think Cheadle works better than Howard did anyways.

True, the MCU has had a tighter cast and being the MCU they've not done massive changes... but having Marvel movies split between Marvel, Columbia, Sony and Fox (and back in the day Artisan and New Line as well) just taints the whole thing for me tbh.

I totally get the love for Marvel movies... I just can't get past the corporate war that's marring them.

Guardians Of The Galaxy is probably the only one I can say I genuinely like and I was gutted when I found out it was part of the MCU.

I know you always hear the "give ... back to Marvel!" joke time after time again, but this one really needs to go to the MCU. It just matches their sensibilities more. Fantastic Four is a goofy team, they can work with that. Fox usually goes for a more grounded, "serious" tone. I can't see a world where they could get it to work, unless they just throw them into one of the X-Men films, or something, which honestly would be the best route to go, since they really don't need another standalone film for a long time.

I know you always hear the "give ... back to Marvel!" joke time after time again, but this one really needs to go to the MCU. It just matches their sensibilities more. Fantastic Four is a goofy team, they can work with that. Fox usually goes for a more grounded, "serious" tone. I can't see a world where they could get it to work, unless they just throw them into one of the X-Men films, or something, which honestly would be the best route to go, since they really don't need another standalone film for a long time.

Dang, you just hit the nail on the head I think...

Logan is the last of Jackman's Wolverine movies, and Stewart has also said he's now retiring from the X-Men movies.

What's the bets that the reboot of Fantastic 4 will be tied to a future X-Men?
Like, the Fassbender and McAvoy timeline?

Really, that's the only way I see them being successful under Fox. These days, most people expect all of these heroes, and stories to be connected. The new Fantastic 4 failed because it was it's own standalone thing, always meant to be it's own standalone thing, which I don't think is fair, but I do see that as a legitimate reason for it's poor box office results. And, well, apparently it sucked hard, I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I think X-Men stays afloat because it lives in it's own little world without having to pull from a billion other franchises, but with so many characters, it can seem just as big, and you always have a plethora of new characters to anticipate. If they add the Fantastic Four characters, they'd be able to replicate the worlds colliding approach of the MCU, which would generate a lot more buzz, especially for the prospects of a new standalone Fantastic Four movie. It couldn't hurt, I can't imagine people just refusing to see a X-Men movie because it has those characters in it.

Also, Doctor Doom fighting the X-Men on the big screen. I don't even have to explain why that'd be badass.

For the life of me, I don't know why they didn't do the comic version of the Abomination - one of the most unique looking gamma-spawned monsters ever. He would've been a great CGI creation! Instead they gave us something that looked like a pale-skinned cross between the Bi-Beast and the hybrid from Alien Resurrection. What was the excuse? That the comic Abomination would look too silly in a movie about giant green monsters?