Looking for the title of a horror [?] movie from the 80's...I think.

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
RESOLVED

answer is "The Sword and the Sorcerer"

This is a [very] long shot, but all I can remember is a scene where a guy is thrown in a dungeon [?] and there is someone else there whose head cracks open and a humanoid, faceless creature comes out. I believe there is a sword fight of sorts.

That creature [if I recall correctly, but probably not] has fingertips

I know this isn't very helpful, but it's the only image that stuck in my memory

Also, for a long time I thought it may star Kirk Douglas [because I always associated him with an eagle/falcon in his harm and missing an eye to that memory], but I believe that image is from Spartacus.

PS: it's not "The Thing"

I believe the film is The Sword and the Sorcerer.
DAYUM!!!! IT IS!!!!!!!

Believe me, I've been thinking of that image for 30 years now and kept bugging me what movie could it be.

I guess I may have some imagery from other movies mixed. I was... what, 3 or 4 years old when I saw it.

Thanks a bunch. You are a STAR.

The most loathsome of all goblins
DAYUM!!!! IT IS!!!!!!!

Believe me, I've been thinking of that image for 30 years now and kept bugging me what movie could it be.

I guess I may have some imagery from other movies mixed. I was... what, 3 or 4 years old when I saw it.

Thanks a bunch. You are a STAR.
I'd like to claim I'm some movie genius, but The Sword and the Sorcerer is one of my favorite fantasy films. It's a great little B-movie with a fever dream script and Lee Horsley giving an interesting Errol Flynn impression. Definitely worth a watch

I'd like to claim I'm some movie genius, but The Sword and the Sorcerer is one of my favorite fantasy films. It's a great little B-movie with a fever dream script and Lee Horsley giving an interesting Errol Flynn impression. Definitely worth a watch
I will be watching it this evening, indeed.

Again,. many thanks Blix. It feels like a weight was lifted.

Also the Kirk Douglas movie you're thinking of is The Vikings.
Yep, I would say it is.

Memories are a rather curious thing. Specially the ones from very early age. They get mixed and confused like a dream. And they feel like one too.