40 Songs Gatsby Loves and his Top 10 Favorite

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Your answer should change soon, It has probably one of the best lyrics I've ever heard, and the main reason why I like it is because of it. Check it out. After all you like Behind Blue Eyes from The Who because of the lyrics.

Swan's theme song is awesome.
No need for the smiley, as that is an entirely correct and factual statement.

Master of My Domain
No need for the smiley, as that is an entirely correct and factual statement.
i just wanted to reduce the pain of bitter reality.

Master of My Domain
Joan Jett - New Orleans

I like Joan Jett in general, but quite often her musical style gets a bit too predictable and repetitive, but New Orleans is extremely addictive and has subtle Southern soul/folk elements to create greatness.

Oscar Peterson - The Girl From Ipanema

Classic instrumental jazz at it's best, Peterson's songs are great to listen to while studying. Almost nominated this one for the Instrumental Song Tournament.

Warren Zevon - Splendid Isolation

Warren Zevon! Nuff said.

Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath

This is why I love progressive rock so much. The sub-genre elevates rock from simple enjoyment into a level of genius.

2. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

The Who is my favorite band of all-time, Won't Get Fooled Again is my favorite from them, and the album Who's Next is one I revere and consider to be a masterpiece.

Why I love this song so much:

- The lyrics. Funny, accurate, clever, and strikingly realistic, in a way it kinda predicted the future
- Keith Moon's career height, his drumming is just insane
- 2 minute instrumental part gives me ear-gasms
- Amazing vocals, guitar, and especially the bass sound
- It's the theme song for my favorite CSI series

So actually Won't Get Fooled Again should be my #1 pick, but I wanted to spice up things with a relatively new favorite song. And that pick should rattle some marbles (hopefully).

Master of My Domain
Okay time to finish this list once and for all... after lunch.

Swan, I'll think you'll like my #1 pick. Not sure about MV.

All of these range from very good to not bad, except "Girl from Ipanema." I hate that song.
Of course you hate it...

Master of My Domain
Of course you hate it...
Well, we two will always have Warren Zevon...

Seriously how can someone not like jazz

Seriously how can someone not like jazz
I find jazz kind of boring. I'm not a big fan of instrumental music in general.

As for that particular song, I never cared for it but my boss was obsessed with it for awhile and kept playing various versions of it ad nauseum at the office. That was when my apathy turned to hatred.

Master of My Domain
The Yardbirds - Shapes of Things

60s rock music can make you cringe, but when it's good, it's really good. Shapes of Things is full of energy and has an old analog vibe to it - cool tune.

Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

This is my ringtone.
This song has my favorite drum beat of all-time.
This song is awesome.
Nearly made my ranked list.

Toto - I'll Be Over You

Don't have much to say about this song it's just... incredibly soothing.

U2 - Mysterious Ways

Really cool song and great music video that matches the level of the song itself. One of the view U2 songs that I like, but it might be because I haven't heard a lot of their song before. That will change.

1. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

First off, I want to say that this was not originally supposed to be my #1, or even be part of my ranked list.

But then I remembered Swan's director list and how he filled it mostly with directors that had potential to become a favorite - and that's when I made my decision.

Now back to the song. Pink Floyd's masterpiece is flawless. Absolutely flawless. The lyrics are painful but touching and dreamy, and the melody has an enlightening atmosphere to it. No matter how many times I mash the replay button, is always feels like the first time I met this song.

I'm at work so I can't actually listen to any of these right now. I don't recognize the titles of the Toto or Yardbirds songs, so I'm not sure if I like them or not.

Plus rep though for "Ballroom Blitz," "Mysterious Ways," and, yes, "Comfortably Numb." I'm not a Pink Floyd fan, but I've always loved that song.