40 Songs Gatsby Loves and his Top 10 Favorite

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Not the best list ever, but much better than many music lists I've seen before on this forum.

Here's your reward:

ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
>--(ʖ ͜° ͜ʖ)---<
___|__|_____
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Master of My Domain
What is that supposed to be, a deformed monkey with man boobs?

Anyways, thanks Minio for stopping by my list.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It was supposed to be Cheburashka, but I failed miserably. But, yeah, the boobies were deliberate.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I will admit to being old enough to remember "Another One Bites the Dust" being played on the R&B stations. I was pretty little, but I can remember it.
This is still my favorite commercial :

Always will get a for Michael Jackson from me.

And I love "Love Reign Over Me".

Major reps for the lists you've been laying down, Gatsby!

First off, a big YES! for Meytal Cohen. I was never a fan of Nirvana but it was nice to see her beating the skins on anything because she's so beautiful...oh, and talented, too!

Simon and Garfunkel---The Sound of Silence---love it, along with most of their catalog.
Led Zeppelin---When the Levee Breaks, one of their best songs, ever, and one of the best songs ever! Of course, the drums are epic, and I really love the blues harp by Plant.
Elvis Presley---Viva Las Vegas---one of his classics and I just happened to watch the movie again the other night....mostly for the song AND Ann-Margret.
Earth Wind and Fire---Boogie Wonderland---love this song and practically everything they've done. In fact, I have their massive boxed set, one of the few I've ever purchased.
Jumpin' Jack Flash & Gimme Shelter--The Rolling Stones---love the Stones and these are two of their staples that I like. Love the Let It Bleed album.
Lynyrd Skynyrd---Free Bird----yes, one of the greatest songs ever, but boy, did I get sick of it. I might give a listen now, as it's been a few years.
Queen---Another One Bites the Dust---another classic and Freddy Mercury had one of the best voices ever. I wish they would quit trying to insert Adam Lambert into the group. He's an awesome singer but there was only one Freddy and he's gone, so let it go, Queen members.
Michael Jackson---Billie Jean---great stuff and Thriller is one of my favorite songs/videos ever, especially with my man Vincent Price doing his "rap."
The Who---Love Reign O'er Me---one of their best songs ever, and Roger sings his guts out on this one. Classic!
Toto---Africa---I have a high school friend who is still ridiculed for liking Toto even after all these decades. I'm on his side. Great song.
The Kinks---Lola---One of their best. Good groove and hilarious lyrics.

Master of My Domain
Led Zeppelin---When the Levee Breaks, one of their best songs, ever, and one of the best songs ever! Of course, the drums are epic,
Yes, finally someone who comments on the epicness of the drums! John Bonham is badass.
Lynyrd Skynyrd---Free Bird----yes, one of the greatest songs ever, but boy, did I get sick of it. I might give a listen now, as it's been a few years.
Sick of Free Bird? Unheard of! You must have listened it 100 times every day for the last 10 years!
Toto---Africa---I have a high school friend who is still ridiculed for liking Toto even after all these decades. I'm on his side. Great song.
Shame, I don't get why people treat Toto very lightly and shallow. Hope those imbeciles who tease your friends learn a lesson later on.

Thanks for the huge comment... dad!

Rep for saying you can't get bored with Freebird. I hear people say that and I don't understand it, either.

Master of My Domain
Jude - King of Yesterday

Madonna - Material Girl

For this list I decided to go with a lot of under-appreciated songs, and Material Girl is one of them. Just as good as a lot of her popular songs.

Bon Jovi - Livin' On a Prayer

Absolute classic. The song creatively combines electric sounds with soft-core rock to create harmony.

Culture Club - Karma Chameleon

Guility pleasure for me. I know it's kinda corny and the video even has racist undertones, but everything else is good. Don't get the hate directed at Culture Club.

4. Boston - Peace of Mind

My wish is in right in this song - the entire world is in competition, all I want is a peace of mind. These laid-back lyrics is what makes Boston a fav band of mine.

Not crazy about this set, tbh.

My mother tells me that I loved "Material Girl" when I was little and would walk around singing it and even made up a little dance. I don't recall this, but I'm pretty sure if it's true I had no idea WTF the song was about. I probably thought it had something to do with fabric. I do like some of Madonna's other work though. "Like A Prayer" is my favorite.

Except for "Wanted Dead or Alive" I can't stand Bon Jovi.

I like "Karma Chameleon" well enough, but if I were to choose a favorite from Boy George's resume it would be "The Crying Game."

Boston's always been one of those bands that are pleasant enough to hear on the radio, but I've never had any desire to add their work to my collection.

When it comes to "classic rock" on my local radio station, Free Bird is practically the only Skynyrd song that they played for nigh on two decades, almost every day. I don't care how great the song is, I don't want to hear it every day...I'd like to hear some of their other songs for a change. So, that was right around the time that I started buying CDs so I could hear what I wanted. But, like I said, I'm at the stage where I can handle Free Bird again.

But it's sad when you've got a radio station (I don't have satellite radio) where, when they say a certain artist is coming up, you can guess which song (within two) by that artist they're going to play. And almost without fail, I guess right. If they announce Bob Seger, they play either Old Time Rock and Roll or Hollywood Nights. I love them both, but Seger has a huge catalog of great songs they could choose from. More examples:

Fleetwood Mac: either Dreams or Go Your Own Way
Boston: almost always More Than a Feeling, and the rest of the time, Don't Look Back
The Rolling Stones: Start Me Up is the main one, sometimes Honky Tonk Women
Ted Nugent: Stranglehold and that's it
Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody, and occasionally You're My Best Friend

Anyway, you get the picture. I love these songs but I'd like to hear some deep cuts or even some other hits by these bands/artists. That's why I keep my DVD case with me in the car.

When it comes to "classic rock" on my local radio station, Free Bird is practically the only Skynyrd song that they played for nigh on two decades,
I can understand that. I've never been one to listen to music on the radio, but I can't remember the last time I actually did it when I wasn't in someone else's car.

Master of My Domain
Pink Floyd - Brain Damage

Swan's theme song is awesome.

Guns 'N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

I really like GNR, and one of the main reasons is how they handle heavy metal - a sub genre of rock I honestly do not dig. They don't just mindlessly scream while banging their heads, there is a mix of classic rock, great lyrics and even cowbell.

The Beatles - I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Personally I consider The Beatles to be an influential, but overrated (The Godfather anyone? ), but you can't help but love this song. No wonder so many teen girls went crazy. This song brings out my inner madly-in-love girly spirit.

James Brown - Funky Drummer

As a drummer it is impossible to not like this song.

3. Rush - Time Stand Still

The best song from the most underrated band of all-time. Most have either not heard of Rush or hate them. I don't get it. In Time Stand Still, Rush creates an amazing electronic + energetic/subtly progressive rock sound, supported by a great featuring by the beautiful Aimee Mann.

+rep for Welcome to the Jungle and Brain Damage.

I grew up listening to GNR and Welcome to the Jungle was always a favorite. I Want to Hold Your Hand has long been a least favorite from The Beatles, but I've never been much of a fan of theirs anyway.

I'd not heard the James Brown or Rush songs before. They're okay.

Master of My Domain
I'd not heard the James Brown or Rush songs before. They're okay.
Speaking of Rush, have you heard of Sub-Divisions?

No.

Rush was always one of those bands that I liked well enough when they came on the radio, but I never explored any of their work beyond that. I also haven't really listened to the radio in many years and couldn't tell you when I last heard Rush.