35th Annual Razzies- Nominations

Tools    

Master of My Domain

Light can't exist without darkness. While everyone was hyped with the choosing of the best of the year on the other hand there were picks for the very worst. Let's find out which ones:

Worst Picture

- Left Behind
- The Legend of Hercules
- Saving Christmas
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Transformers: Age of Extinction

Worst Actor

- Nicholas Cage in Left Behind
- Kirk Cameron in Saving Christmas
- Kellan Lutz in The Legned of Hercules
- Seth Macfarlane in A Million Ways to Die in the West
- Adam Sandler in Blended

Worst Actress

- Drew Barrymore in Blended
- Cameron Diaz in The Other Woman and Sex Tape
- Melisa McCarty in Tammy
- Charlize Theron in A Million Ways to Die in the West
- Gala Welss in The Legend of Hercules

Worst Supporting Actor

- Mel Gibson in Expendables 3
- Kelsey Grammar in a sh*t ton of movies
- Shaquille O Neal in Blended
- Arnie in The Expendables 3
- Kiefer Sutherland in Pompeii

Worst Supporting Actress

- Cameron Diaz in Annie
- Megan Fox in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Nicola Peltz in Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Susan Sarandom in Tammy

Worst Screen Couple

- Any two robots, actors (robotic actors) in Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Kirk Cameron and his ego in Saving Christmas
- Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel in Sex Tape
- Kellan Lutz and his abs, pecs, or his glutes in Legend of Hercules
- Seth Macfarlane and Charlize Theron in A Million Ways to Die in the West

Worst Prequel. Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel

- Annie
- Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Atlas Shrugged: Part 3
- The Legend of Hercules

Worst Director

- Baysplosions for Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Darren Doane for Saving Christmas
- Renny Harlin for The Legend of Hercules
- Jonathan Liebsman for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Seth MacFarlane for A Million Ways to Die in the West

Worst Screenplay

- Left Behind (Written by: Paul LaLonde and John Patus)
- Saving Christmas (Written by: Darren Doane and Cheston Harvey)
- Sex Tape (Written by: Jason Segel, Kate Angelo, Nicholas Stoller)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Written by: Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Evan Daughtery)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction (Written by: Ehren Kruger)

Well that's it MoFos. Thoughts? Opinions? Discuss.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I haven't seen any of these so I can't really say. I would imagine these are good choices. I kind if want to see Tammy though.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I guess it's implied for an award that has a negative connotation, but some of these seem like someone had an ax to grind.

There was no way I was going to see Turtles in the theater. Then the dvd trailers started coming out and my nostalgia kicked in. It was easily forgettable and Shredder looked like something off the Home Shopping Network, but it was coherent enough with top notch cgi.

The Other Woman...Let me preface this by saying that I will watch about anything on HBO to try and eek out all the value I can. The Other Woman probably deserves every nod it gets. It was a shame to see the Kingslayer reduced to such a role. Add to that, Cameron Diaz is...lacking.

Of the films nominated for worst movie I've only seen TMNT and it is a worthy nomination. Surprised Pompeii isn't nominated - that was awful.

Anyway, my worst film of the year has been nominated for a Best Picture Oscar so what do I know

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What one is that Sane?

I think he's talking about American Sniper. This is his quote from the Best Picture thread:

I absolutely hated it - but I'm not its target market so that probably doesn't matter. Generally I like Eastwood but if you were to take everything that stopped me really loving his other films and stuffed them into one movie you would have American Sniper.

Master of My Domain
Raul means the film that's also nominated for Best Picture.

This is what happens when I try to be a helpful member...

Sadly, I'm much more familiar with these nominees than I am the Academy Award nominees.

My problem with the Razzies is I usually look at the noms and think "Yeah, but who the hell went and saw these films?" Then I realise it was millions of people and I die a little inside.

Who is it targeted at then?
A more sensible answer ...

It's a highly patriotic film but when you feel nothing for the subject patriotism just comes across as manipulation. To an American the use of American flags in a movie may cause emotion ... To an Australian it causes nothing. Unfortunately the movie doesn't go beyond that. Nothing else is looked at with any depth. Kyle himself is the only thing with any depth but the film backs away from exploring that depth - it appears as though he may be affected by what he has done but the film never explores it. When it finally appeared as though it was going to explore some more interesting themes, after his final tour to Iraq, it ended.

The "bad guy" in the film who apparently is completely fictitious and was invented so the movie could have a bad guy is simply a cardboard cutout who shoots Americans. Basically, there was nothing here for me beyond the character of Kyle himself, which was left largely unexplored, and a decent performance from Cooper. Add to that a couple of scenes that seemed unbelievably unrealistic and overly manipulative and I was left with a movie I completely disliked.

Many people thought the best aspect of Expendables 3 was Gibson... So that is a rather weird nomination.

And generally I can't take this razzies h*t seriously either.