Noah (2014)

Tools    

Seems I was correct in my assumption. No interest in seeing this movie.
Hollyweird Strikes Back!

I don't really like Russel Crowe but Darren Aronofsky is one of my favorite director of all time so I surely gonna watch this in cinema .

I don't really like Russel Crowe but Darren Aronofsky is one of my favorite director of all time so I surely gonna watch this in cinema .

I don't really like Darren Aronofsky but Russell Crowe is one of my favorite actors of all time so I surely am gonna watch this in the cinema.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'll probably go see this. It looks well filmed, I like Russell Crowe, I like Darren Aronofsky, I love me some Jennifer Connelly...I don't feel like the filmmakers were at all trying to mock the source material nor offend Christians, I think that the director just thought this would be an epic sort of story to tell in a movie. It does look pretty bad ass. Russell Crowe builds a giant boat to save his family and the animals from a natural disaster, while bad guys try to stop him? Sounds awesome. The trailers look awesome. It has Hermione Granger. There's even a comic book coming from Image Comics with art by the creator of "Pride of Baghdad." That's cool too! Give me a ticket, pass me the popcorn and some sno-caps...dun dun duuuun. They just reached a non believer (me). LOL.

As for it being banned in Muslim countries, yes, it is, but because it depicts a religious figure, Noah. This is a big no no in Islam. They will not allow drawings, paintings, or any sort of representation of their prophets, gods, or major religious figures. They haven't seen the film, nor will they, and that's entirely their right. The other religious folks getting uptight sight unseen is because they ALWAYS get uptight when there's religious themed films that weren't officially sanctioned by the Church. I'm not saying they shouldn't. cause who knows? I haven't seen the movie either. But It's like The Last Temptation of Christ. Church groups picketed the hell out of that (no pun intended) but in the end it's actually a beautiful declaration of faith by Martin Scorsese, isn't it? Or Dogma, which is a satire on Catholicism that in the end, while admitting it has it's flaws, declares it's love for the religion, not mocking it at all.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Ime going to check this out, it looks great. People don't half moan about anything these days, it's only a movie,

I think that from the trailer it looks pretty bad. Too dark, simplistic storyline (surely?) with lots of effects and action, Russel Crowe and Ray Winstone (why is he in everything?!?!) typically cast in aggressive male 'shouty' roles.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I just saw this. When I can get my act together, I'd like to write a bit of a review, but I just want to say how amazing I thought this was. Just brilliant. It was entertaining, compelling, an interesting character study, an action film, and a story that asked so any questions without any kind of preaching.

This was an emotional roller-coaster and I felt drained when I left.

Russell returned to his earlier brilliance, Jennifer Connelly just tore me up.

Please give this film a chance.... Darren Aromosky is a true talent.

I think this is a pretty great film...one step below a masterpiece. I say that and wonder at the same time how he could have made it better. I'm not sure, but no matter, a must see for film people, in my humble opinion....

Also just saw this. Aronofsky is one of my favorite directors. I wouldn't say this is one of his better films, but it's still amazing.

What a dissapointment!

I completely hate Russel Crowe but Aronofski is one of my favorite director of all-time so maybe i gonna go see this !

Well, I was disappointed.

6/10

I’m glad I avoided the build up and the factions taking sides with or against this movie. I saw it without reading the reactions of others so that I could judge it for myself.

To me, it felt like an insanely boring riff on a LOTR film. The lessons of the Bible tale are all in place but it felt like you had to mine for them in order to find them. There certainly are comments about respecting life (pro-life), respecting God and other deeper issues. There’s even something for vegetarians and environmentalists to chew heavily on. I really did like the final overall message of being worthy of second chances. Still, it’s a tough film to rate because it’s Aronofsky through and through. Occasional BEAUTIFUL visuals splashed throughout a strangely constructed film. (It’s pure visual poetry when Noah tells the tale of creation.)

Overall, I found this film not nearly as rewarding and not nearly as rich or as interesting as I was expecting.

WARNING: "Noah" spoilers below
Thought it was insane how Noah's son left his woman to die.