Noah (2014)

Tools    

Must be doin sumthin right
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...-noah-20131015

Ha, how are you gonna give Aronofsky $120 million to make a Noah movie with weird CGI monsters and whatnot and then act surprised when his movie is crazy? I'm not even much of a fan of his, but I still hope we get to see something close to his vision instead of whatever Paramount's able to carve from it that they feel they can sell to the flyover states

http://defamer.gawker.com/heres-a-le...lic-1450381569

^ A 'leaked' hand held camera footage of the trailer, still up at the moment - you can see it well enough but can't wait to see the official release.

I hope he sticks to his guns and doesn't give in to stupid test audience opinions.

This trailer gives me some hope that it won't be the bizarre butchering it looked like it was going to be. It probably still will be; odds are high the trailer is misleading and a lot of people will be disturbed by the decidedly non-canonical version of the tale they get. But maybe I'm wrong. That'd be nice.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I hope it's not some straight forward story that we all know and are bored of. I guess I'm hoping for the opposite of Yoda.

Suspect's Reviews

Aye. But if it is going to be some goofy reimagining, I hope they at least market it accordingly. It'd be ridiculous to try to make this look like the Biblical story and then pull the rug out from under people expecting it. That's just crappy.

That's the business. Market it towards the crowd you think is going to support it, the religious people will flock to it early. Then when word gets out that it's not what it's suppose to be, you'll get the other side of the fence going to see what it's about. Win/Win? We'll have to wait and see.

It's win win when everyone wins, not if a bunch of people get tricked into watching something they would find heretical. If that's the plan, then that's some seriously cynical crap.

Win win for the studio is what I'm getting at. They get both crowds to see the film. We all know studios market films as something when they aren't. I went into the village thinking it was a horror film. This isn't something new.

Certainly all marketing has an element of spin, but I can't think of too many examples of marketers preying on faith AND using a bait and switch. That's a lot more overtly dishonest then blurring a film's genre.

It was 'religious' audiences who didn't like it at the test screenings, they didn't like the third act apparently. Again, I hope he doesn't change it to please them...

Aronofsky himself has stated said he tried to appeal to both the religious and the secular viewer by being factually accurate and allegorically interesting. He said that he hoped that it “could connect to a modern audience” by “ring[ing] true to people who think it really happened and those who think it’s a story”.
^ I think that's fair enough but totally understand the marketing point. Should show it as both in the trailers and publicity.

Wait, Emma Watson's in this? You guys should have mentioned this from the beginning, rather than go on about Crowe. Now I'm definitely going to see this!
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I honestly think I'd see this. I am familiar with the story, I mean this is based on Evan Almighty, right?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Finished here. It's been fun.
Movie looks ambitious. I'm glad to see something that isn't superhero related or a remake. I'll definitely check it out.

Trailer makes me nervous, but I have full confidence in Aronofsky. I've loved everything he's made.