The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Tools    

Indeed. People are already calling it a cult classic and it hasn't even been released here in the UK. Can't wait to see it. Bronson was VERY good.

Sounds good, hopefully I can get around to seeing it.

I'm not looking forward to this.

Mainly because the trailer dragged on too long and got old. Plus the original Swedish film was just fantastic and really felt like a closer and more detailed adaption to the novel. But then again I could be wrong, but that is just me.

that's what she said...
I have been informed that indeed I was mistaken, the netflix one is the old one and I will shut my mouth on the thread now. Teehehehe!!

I saw the original. It was good enough to make me forget it was subtitled. Im predicting a 90% chance of rain making sure the remake is watered down and stupid.

I also hate it when actors are in a movie that has a deep positive history because it seems to me that they act as if they know they are in a good movie which in turn makes it suck.

^ Going by information, the remake is certainly not watered down, and the remake has more of the flashback scenes in compared to the Swedish film version of the book.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I have been reading the books and just started the 3rd and finale one, I am assuming that the entire trilogy is going to be remade and was wondering who would they cast as the Blonde Giant?

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I just love when people judge a movie based solely on the trailer. I, for one, think the movie's going to work. Will it be good? Maybe (I only judge a movie after I've watched the entire thing). Will it be bad? Considering who the director is, it'd have to be if he were in a slump. I'm excited for it, and I to those who are already predicting a stinker compared to the most recent one (too many things left out in that version, speaking from a person who's read all the books), please put those thoughts aside until you actually watch the film with an unbiased viewpoint.

I'm going to watch it don't be mistaken. Based on plenty of horrible experiences (9/10 times) of watching a remake, especially one that isn't remotely relative to this culture at all, and especially one that will surely be misguided concerning the themes of the books (Fincher in my mind hasn't had a good idea since Se7en), I can safely say that this will be an utter waste.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am on the third book now and I can see a real promise for this remake, there is so much missing from the books in the originals and stuff changed. I can't say this for sure until I can see the unedited versions of the originals which should be out I think next month, they are supposed to be about 4 and a half hours long so maybe there isn't much missing from the originals, but I still think that the remake looks really promising.