The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I've been trying to search and find out if this was filmed on the locations from the Original, all I've been able to find out is that it was filmed in Sweden.

I like the poster design and find it quite sexy but that's the thing, my problem with it is that it shows, well it comes across to me, the characters in a different light compared to what they are in the books and original films. Why is Blomkvist holding her like he is going to be dangerous towards her and so on, that kind of thing. I don't get a 'protective' vibe off the hold gesture.

I see in that link, in the comments section, some horrible person has mentioned her 'flat' breasts and should have got someone with bigger ones, has he even read the first book/seen the first film. Lisbeth has quite small breasts in the first book/film, she is slightly androgynous.

Meant to ask if anyone had any more info on the locations
List of filming locations here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568346/locations

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
I have to say that I loved the first book (not so much with the second/third) and did not enjoy the original film. I felt that it was not a true interpretation of the novel and particularly Blomquist was very poorly cast. From what I have seen of Fincher's version so far, I am pretty excited. Very much looking forward to this.

I thought the guy who played him in the original films was absolutely fine, and quite how I pictured him in the books, adore the books, prefered the second book over the other two.

Yeah, you're certainly not alone in enjoying the original movies or books. I guess the one thing I would say about Blomquist in the original movie was that I had a hard time believing him as the ladies man he was in the books.

I will say one thing about the original movie though; Noomi Rapace was great as Salandar and Rooney Mara has a lot to live up to.

Rewatched the original and found it to be pretty bad actually. Still excited though, Fincher is a master, would he ever do me wrong ?

Like he did with Panic Room, The Game, Benjamin Button, and Alien 3 ?

Rewatched the original and found it to be pretty bad actually. Still excited though, Fincher is a master, would he ever do me wrong ?

Like he did with Panic Room, The Game, and Alien 3 ?
Agree with you re: the original. I also remember The Game being pretty good, though obviously not built for repeat viewings. I am totally with you on Panic Room though. Had a lot of hope for that movie and it completely let me down. This looks pretty damn good though.

I also remember The Game being pretty good, though obviously not built for repeat viewings.
I have to disagree with you on this one...
I don't think the Game was anything less than Fight Club & actually I believe it's still fresh & full of new details after being watched for couple of times.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am reading the book right now and about 3/4 the way through it, nothing is the same really except for the character names and location names, I am kinda dissapointed about that. It is a really good book anyways and a great movie, but when you put the two side by side they just don't work.

Still quite excited for this. Seems like all the potentiall really good films are coming out on at the latter part of the year, Drive, Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Inbetweeners, Treckle Jr, Straw Dogs (mainly for the cool Alex Skarsgaard) Red State, In Time, Real Steel.

The Inbetweeners Movie looks terrible. The TV series might have been good but a film...no.

Look, lets at least see the finished product, yeah? Lets not judge from a trailer. You lot say the tv show is good, so lets at least give the film a chance. For **** sakes.

You see how you're offended by them assuming it'll be bad? I'm offended (but only internally, this is the internet after all) you think most of those films will be good. Especially Real Steel and this one and Straw Dogs

What makes you think that Real Steel will be bad? and Drive? I can understand concerns for Straw Dogs, but most of the films I have mentioned have potential

Drive is suppose be absolutely brilliant. One of the must see films of the year apparently. With Ryan Gosling in the lead and directed by the guy who made the fantastic Bronson.