Your Favorite Gun Brandishing Movie Poster

Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I hope there wasn't a thread of this previously (sorry if there was), but the gun discussion got me interested in seeing how guns empower our heroes in movie posters. Share em if you got em..

A system of cells interlinked
I was coming in to post the Magnum Force poster, but you beat me to it!

I will have to come up with something else....

Genesis Piggie, you can't hotlink to images from the impawards site, so nobody is able to see what you're trying to post.

This has always been one of my faves, the British Quad for Peckinpah's The Getaway...

And even though they're only tiny silhouettes, love this version of The Wild Bunch...

And it's not a good movie, but I always liked the poster to the Chuck Bronson flick Love & Bullets...

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	LoveBulletsBronson.jpg
Views:	3295
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	6653  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Drew Struzan is one of my favorite poster artists. He's been working since the 1970s and his painted graphic style is probably familiar even if you've never known his name. The First Blood poster above is his, one of his best, and some of my other faves from him that have guns in 'em...

His poster for Blade Runner was commissioned but not used in 1982. I like the original poster fine, but Drew's work, which was resurrected for the "Final Cut", is by far superior. I think...

Love the poster for Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China...

This '80s version of Spillane was a horrible movie, but I love the poster...

And speaking of horrible movies, Oh! Heavenly Dog was a notorious bump in Chevy Chase's early career (didn't do much for Benji, either), but Drew made a terrific poster for it anyway...

Attachments

Name:	BladeRunnerFINAL.jpg
Views:	3120
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	6661   Click image for larger version

Name:	BigTroubleCarpenter.jpg
Views:	2999
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	6662   Click image for larger version

Name:	ItheJuryAssante.jpg
Views:	3238
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	6663   Click image for larger version

Name:	OhHeavenlyChase.jpg
Views:	3090
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	6664  

Here are a couple that were done by graphic artists famous for their work in the fantasy and sci-fi genres, but on the book side, not movies.

The legendary Frank Frazetta did do a movie poster. No, not for Conan the Barbarian (though his most famous Conan painting was used as an early advance promotion by Dino De Laurentis). It was for the Eastwood flick The Gauntlet. It's not really very "accurate" and is very cartoony, especially in the depiction of Sandra Locke...but it is still pretty cool lookin', giving a very pulpy feel...

And the Brothers Hildebrandt, best known for their lavish depictions of Tolkien's Middle Earth, are the ones responsible for the original 1977 Star Wars one sheet. Again, not very accurate, as that Luke and Leia don't really resemble Hamill or Fisher at all, but quite iconic and I stared at this thing hanging on my wall for a few years, so it is burned into my brain. Some of the other subsequent Star Wars posters and those for the sequels are "better", but this will be with me forever...

Attachments

Name:	GauntletEastwood.jpg
Views:	3360
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	6665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Original77StarWars.jpg
Views:	2995
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	6666