Help Zach Braff Make a Movie

Tools    

Zach Braff has a kickstarter for his follow up to Garden State titled Wish You Were Here. Take my money!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...h-i-was-here-1

EAaAGGGLLE

Nice. Garden State's pretty good. Anyone who watches it now will probably find it a little trying-too-hard-to-be-indie, but it wasn't so much at the time, and there are some genuinely great bits in it. I still laugh like an idiot at the diploma thing every time I see it.

He described Garden State as reflecting his struggles in his twenties. Zach went on to say that Wish You Were Here will be a piece of his thirties. I'm excited to see how his storytelling has grown and content matures, it seems like any project he works on is deeply personal to him.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Isn't it nice of a guy who makes tons of money to be asking his fans for more.

Suspect's Reviews

Isn't it nice of a guy who makes tons of money to be asking his fans for more.
Yeah, who uses Kickstarter for raising money anyway huh?

He couldn't fund the film himself if it was his only option. He's not even a B-lister.

Seriously this **** is stupid. Kickstarter was intended for people who can't get the funds themselves, this guy has plenty of connections of rich producers who will fund him. Kevin Smith got it right, this should be for independent Filmmakers. Why the **** should I fund something that I'll have to pay to see anyways. And Scrubs is an awful show.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Yeah, who uses Kickstarter for raising money anyway huh?
People who don't have it....

The guy was on a successful tv show and just came off of a Disney movie. I find it low to try and suck the money off the fans. I get that you don't have to donate, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Braff is on track to far surpass his $2 million target, just like Rob Thomas did with his Veronica Mars project (almost $6 million raised for a $2 million target).

Neither of guys will need to give the donors a return on investment from any profits they might make from their films - which they would normally do with conventional film financing. Nor will they have to provide an accounting for what they'll do with the surplus cash from the Kickstarter campaigns.

Sounds like a good scam - but in this celebrity-worship culture what else can we expect?